Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar

Stock social media

Who all uses Stocktwits, investor hub, and the like. I went down the rabbit holes playing pennies and then called it quits. Over the last 6 months I have visited again, with with a new agenda. Mostly just to see if a penny is on the radar yet. Been using stocktwits a little just to gauge sentiment but if the stock is going down a little, the sky is falling. If it’s a hair green, it’s too the moon lol.

just wondering how many on here use these social media platforms for any investing.

2. Member
    I use IHub and read yahoo. I haven't tried stocktwits. Getting sentiment and finding runners/pumps is mainly why I use those two, but, you have to know what you're doing and looking at. I know OP and myself are seasoned in these type of sites, but if you have never looked at them are relatively new to investing, be very cautious on them.

3. Member
    I use stocktwits.

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    I use IHub and read yahoo. I haven't tried stocktwits. Getting sentiment and finding runners/pumps is mainly why I use those two, but, you have to know what you're doing and looking at. I know OP and myself are seasoned in these type of sites, but if you have never looked at them are relatively new to investing, be very cautious on them.

boy you got that right!!!! Don’t believe a word on the sites hahaha but, I use them almost as a scanner. Pop in and out.

anyone else?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    boy you got that right!!!! Don’t believe a word on the sites hahaha but, I use them almost as a scanner. Pop in and out.

anyone else?
    Yep, that's exactly what I do

6. Member

7. Member
    Wow, it happens everyday and I'm surprised to see they actually went after somebody for it...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    Wow, it happens everyday and I'm surprised to see they actually went after somebody for it...
    Yes it does...

I use stocktwits, twitter, just about anything I can get my hands on to ascertain social sentiment. In the world I play in, fundamentals are seldom if ever a factor. However, if the positive sentiment/pumpers get a stock going, I jump in if I catch it early enough. I created an investor list on twitter and follow 27 people. Most of them that have over 50K followers. They alert and their followers start buying/chasing, up goes the price. If you catch it early, there is money to be made off of these guys alerts....however, risky game to play.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

9. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Very much so 200xp. I like you, use Twitter. Probably more than anything. I have a group of guys I follow. When they start alerting you better be on deck. If not you miss. But like you said, money to be made scalping off of it

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    Yeah I was surprised too. I was wondering the ihub name the guy had because I know one guy that has done some huge nasty ones and I was wondering if it was him

11. Member
    Very much so 200xp. I like you, use Twitter. Probably more than anything. I have a group of guys I follow. When they start alerting you better be on deck. If not you miss. But like you said, money to be made scalping off of it
    If you don't mind sharing, who are some of those guys you follow on Twitter? Not much of a Twitter person but curious to see.

12. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Depends on what your looking to trade. What’s your style of trading?

13. Member
    Alright guys, I'm finally on twitter . I followed you haftafish. Anyone else have any ideas on pages or people I should follow? For the guys who don't know my trading style, I'm a daytrader primarily. I like to trade penny stocks a lot, but trade big board stuff as well.

14. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Alright guys, I'm finally on twitter . I followed you haftafish. Anyone else have any ideas on pages or people I should follow? For the guys who don't know my trading style, I'm a daytrader primarily. I like to trade penny stocks a lot, but trade big board stuff as well.

your not Veronica are you? Just had to block her. She looks very nice but the adult tweets my get me in trouble Hahahaha glad you joined, I’ll try and get you a list of some people to follow.

Welcome to twitter universe..
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

16. Member
    your not Veronica are you? Just had to block her. She looks very nice but the adult tweets my get me in trouble Hahahaha glad you joined, I’ll try and get you a list of some people to follow.
    Lol nope

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    Welcome to twitter universe..
    Thanks