Question Smallest possible trolling motor for EchoMap Plus 95sv

I have a kayak, and an thinking of a trolling motor. What would be the smallest possible trolling motor that 'integrates' (works with) a 2019 EchoMap Plus 95sv? When I say integrates / works with, I mean I can use the Garmin to keep the kayak 'locked' on the same spot, and also build routes for the trolling motor to 'run me along. And it does not have to be a Garmin brand, can be any brand that works flawlessly.

And for that trolling motor, are there kits available for mounting to kayaks?

Thanks guys!

2. Member
    Sorry to ask again, and I'm now thinking I misunderstood something. I thought there were other brands of trolling motors (non Garmin Force) that could be 'paired' with the EchoMap Plus 93/95sv units and controlled (steered) by the EM+ unit. I am specfically referring to the pairing and control of the trolling motor, and not referring to using the built in transducer that some models have; I was sure I read somewhere that a bunch of trolling motors were supported/compatible with EM+.

Am I correct, or did I goof that completely? ...and no....I am not even going to try to make a Force troller looked appropriate on a kayak.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    That i'm aware of, Force is the only troller that can be controlled by the EM+....i have an Ultrex and cant pair them.....same can be said for the other brands where they only control their own except for Lowrance, you can do the Ghost and MG.

Looks like MG has a troller for kayaks.....says it will integrate with chartplotters but cant find which ones.....

https://www.motorguide.com/us/en/xi3...nnectivity.pdf
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 07-20-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Thank you sir. Much appreciated.