Lake Degray & Lake Oauchita

Taking the family to Lake Degray & Lake Oauchita week of 19th thru 26th. Looking to get on some crappie, for my 4 & 6 year old. I have Garmin Livescope. I have been on Degray but never on Oauchita. Any tips on lake would be appreciated. Private message or on forum. Just like teaching my kiddos and wanna make sure they have a good time.

2. Member
    I'm no help on crappie on Ouachita. Lake Ouachita is around normal pool right now and slowing dropping so be careful as there are a lot of shallow areas with trees. Lot's of boat traffic as well!

This is from the fishing report for Ouachita. The same link can be used for DeGray as well although this report doesn't get updated a lot in the summer months.

https://www.agfc.com/en/news/2020/07...#South_Central

Bream are still good with crickets or worms in 5-15 feet of water. Crappie are fair. Try a small jig or minnow near brush in 15-25 feet of water
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Drive 30 minutes north to nimrod would be my recommendation.

4. Member
    Ouachita is a tough lake to crappie fish and has seemed tougher than usual this year. Degray has been good according to friends.

If you go try the creeks on the North side and be prepared to cover a lot of ground.

Better plan on hitting the water early before the pleasure boaters wake up. It will be impossible to enjoy fishing after about 10:30am. I stay off of Ouachita this time of year.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Better plan on hitting the water early before the pleasure boaters wake up. It will be impossible to enjoy fishing after about 10:30am. I stay off of Ouachita this time of year.
    That's no joke!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA