2015 ZX 225 steering issue

I bleed the air out of the hydraulic lines but still have that slip feeling when running. Also the feeling is more when turning to the left. Feels like gears grinding at helm. Any ideas? No leaks that I can see. Looked under console also.

There's gotta be air in the system somewhere. Maybe air is still getting in there, after you bleed it.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

3. Member
    Is that how air in line feels?

It usually feels spongy..kinda like it has slack. I've never felt that "gear grinding" that you described.

In some conditions, engine torque can cause the motor to "jerk". You might feel the rear end wiggle a little when it does that. That could be air in the system, or really turbulent water (think swift current). If the steering actuator seals are going bad (or just one), air could be getting in there. It won't matter how many times you bleed it, air will keep getting in. I haven't replaced the seals myself, but I know you can order a repair kit from Sea Star. It doesn't look any more difficult of a task than bleeding the system, which you would definitely have to do afterwards.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Here's something else to try:

1) Turn the steering wheel all the way (either direction) until the motor hits the stops.
    2) Keep applying pressure to the wheel in the same direction. If it keeps turning, you have a problem.
    3) If the wheel feels like it has hit a mechanical stop, turn it the other way and repeat.

If the steering wheel will keep turning after the motor stops, then you are either getting air in the system, or losing fluid. If you don't see any fluid dripping anywhere (helm or engine), then air is probably getting in. If air is getting in, then I would try the steering cylinder seal repair kit. Otherwise, I would suspect the helm.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Member
    Ok thanks. Yea no visible leaks any where I can see. I will try the steering wheel to full right and left and see. But I think it does stop. Yea the weird grind feel has me alittle worried.