7/10 Anita 7/12 Icaria fishing report.

So I was able to fish Anita Friday after work. I got on the water about 5 and fished till 9ish. Wt mid to upper 80s, I did the normal stuff fished the pad edge with a chatter bait got few 14” bass doing that. Fished a 6” t-rig worm on some rock reefs got few 14” bass doing that. Also 1 small bass flipping the worm in some brush. About 10 bass total at Anita.
    Sunday morning at Icaria I got there early 5:30 I got one 15” right around the big fishing pier on a buzz bait. Then one more 15” by the camping boat dock with a 6” worm. That was it till the end 11:30 when I was able to get a small 10” bass on a plastic crawl. Only 3 total.... lol that’s a good day for me at that lake. I was the first boat there but when I left the parking lot was jammed full. I did get to practice my rough water driving plus burn some gas. I would say we are in the dog days of fishing. Good luck to all.

2. Member
    I read that as a 7lb10oz caught on Anita and a 7lb12oz caught on Icaria.. I was about ready to start scheduling some vacation!

3. Member
    I believe there in there.... was that this year someone caught them?

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I believe there in there.... was that this year someone caught them?
    Steve B caught some nice ones earlier. I had a couple nice ones and so did my fishing partner. Water temp was 71° When we caught ours. Icaria, has never been a good bass lake for me. Crappie and pan fish, I have even tried walleye fishing with no luck there.

5. Member
    A few years ago a couple of 8 and 9 lbers were caught out of Anita one summer in tournaments. The 9 died because everyone wanted pictures and fondled the hell out of it. The 8 was caught again by a crappie fisherman (it had some distinct markings) and is currently sitting in his freezer because he wants to mount it . After word got out about the big bass in the lake it got raped and now it is not nearly the big bass factory it once was.

I have only been to Anita once this year and it was in the spring. The biggest might have been 4 pounds. However, my club was there at the end of June and had a really good day. There were 4 or 5 20” or bigger caught on the day.

7. Banned
    Fished a club tournament at Anita on Sunday and won it with 10.98lbs and had BB with a 3.26lb kicker. 8 of the 9 boats brought in a limit but I think the biggest fish that the rest of the group brought in was maybe 2.25lbs. Everyone was doing the same exact thing except for my partner and I

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Anita can be great or suck. My club had a tourney there two years ago in june and 28lbs won. Last year was not even close to that
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    I would not ask you to tell what you were doing to win. But if you would like to tell what the other guys were doing that would be cool.... But I understand if you don’t and that’s ok. I’m just glad you told us the wining wt and big bass. Congratulations on the will!!
    litjakec !

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I would not ask you to tell what you were doing to win. But if you would like to tell what the other guys were doing that would be cool.... But I understand if you don’t and that’s ok. I’m just glad you told us the wining wt and big bass. Congratulations on the will!!
    litjakec !
    They were primarily doing what 95% of SW IA bass guys do. Jigs and plastics in the brush

11. Member
    Last time me and my friend were at Anita he started to us a drop shot with a black worm ant the weight only 6” down. He did really good with that. Kinda open my eyes that I need to keep trying things.