Livesight settings

I decided to pickup a used livesight transducer. I am not expecting it to be incredible, but for the cost of the transducer versus spending 3k on garmin, I figured it would be worth a shot.
    I will be bass fishing with it, mainly looking at brush piles that I find on side scan. Any specific settings you guys like? Any other input would also be appreciated!
    2004 Ranger 175VS/Mercury 125
    2018 Ram 2500-full thuren king 2.5 suspension

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson850 View Post
    I decided to pickup a used livesight transducer. I am not expecting it to be incredible, but for the cost of the transducer versus spending 3k on garmin, I figured it would be worth a shot.
    I will be bass fishing with it, mainly looking at brush piles that I find on side scan. Any specific settings you guys like? Any other input would also be appreciated!
    Roll Tide! Originally from Tuscaloosa.

$300 rebate on LiveSight transducer and $100 on PSI-1, if you have Carbons, thru 31 Aug. That makes it a less expensive experiment. I just installed transducer and PSI-1 last Friday. For reference I have Carbon 12 on bow, Carbon 9 at helm, and SS3D. Used it for a couple of hours Sat. Things I noticed.
    1) Horizontal range is questionable. All the fish I saw were within 20ft of the boat. May get better through settings.
    2) Boat movement makes the fish appear to move when they may not be. Blue trails are cool, though.
    3) Had to lower my TM a couple of inches to keep transducer in water when bouncing on wakes.

Couple things from install that I didn't know or found to be different than I had heard.
    1) Transducer is bigger and heavier than I thought it would. Be sure to install 8-10 inches up from TM motor for clearance.
    2) You DO NOT have to use the HDS 9-pin/7-pin transponder cable from the PSI-1 with Carbons, if you have a SS3D or SonarHub. It will connect via just Ethernet. Note: This is important so you don't have to disconnect your 2D/HDI TM transducer from the HDS.
    3) The 9-pin HDS cable (only 6ft) is hardwired into the PSI-1. Power, transducer, and ethernet are standard Lowrance quick connects.
    4) The PSI-1 had the HDS 9-pin to 7-pin adapter (2ft) in the box, although the install guide and online parts list stated sold separately.

Hope this helps others. Willing to answer other questions, if you have them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Roll Tide! Originally from Tuscaloosa.

$300 rebate on LiveSight transducer and $100 on PSI-1, if you have Carbons, thru 31 Aug. That makes it a less expensive experiment. I just installed transducer and PSI-1 last Friday. For reference I have Carbon 12 on bow, Carbon 9 at helm, and SS3D. Used it for a couple of hours Sat. Things I noticed.
    1) Horizontal range is questionable. All the fish I saw were within 20ft of the boat. May get better through settings.
    2) Boat movement makes the fish appear to move when they may not be. Blue trails are cool, though.
    3) Had to lower my TM a couple of inches to keep transducer in water when bouncing on wakes.

Couple things from install that I didn't know or found to be different than I had heard.
    1) Transducer is bigger and heavier than I thought it would. Be sure to install 8-10 inches up from TM motor for clearance.
    2) You DO NOT have to use the HDS 9-pin/7-pin transponder cable from the PSI-1 with Carbons, if you have a SS3D or SonarHub. It will connect via just Ethernet. Note: This is important so you don't have to disconnect your 2D/HDI TM transducer from the HDS.
    3) The 9-pin HDS cable (only 6ft) is hardwired into the PSI-1. Power, transducer, and ethernet are standard Lowrance quick connects.
    4) The PSI-1 had the HDS 9-pin to 7-pin adapter (2ft) in the box, although the install guide and online parts list stated sold separately.

Hope this helps others. Willing to answer other questions, if you have them.

I’ve from VA...never been to Alabama lol.
    I actually have HDS LIVE units so I’ll plug it directly in. Are you happy with the images you have gotten? When your looking at a brush pile, is it pretty easy to see the brush itself, and tell if there are any fish around it? Thanks

4. Member
    Personally, I leave it in auto and adjust the range out to 70 ft. I find it somewhat useful to scan under some deeper water docks and locating fish on ledges. I have a hard time seeing the actual brush piles with mine, but where I mostly fish on the Chickahominy River, it's mostly pads and small creeks anyway unlike SML.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson850 View Post
    I’ve from VA...never been to Alabama lol.
    I actually have HDS LIVE units so I’ll plug it directly in. Are you happy with the images you have gotten? When your looking at a brush pile, is it pretty easy to see the brush itself, and tell if there are any fish around it? Thanks
    If your boat is fairly still, you can distinguish cover from fish. Where I was fishing there are lots of laydowns along the banks and using what your eyes see above, I could distinguish fish from trees. Going to a lake with offshore brush piles this weekend and will report back.

Sorry about the BAMA thing, saw Crimson and jumped to conclusions. :)

6. Member
    So I’ve got livesight installed. It works, but the range sure seems limited. I can’t seem to see much past 20ish feet in directly in front of the trolling motor. Any tips?