Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Every View Post
    Alumacraft 175 Pro - If a mod sees this please update the thread title.

I found my leak, and it is much worse then expected. I wish I would have crawled around under the boat before I redid every bolt, thru hull, pump and plumbing connection on the boat.

It looks like it cracked right on welds for the internal structure, I can see all the welds looking up and down the hull and these have paint flaking away and a visible crack, what looks like a smudge running down the hull appears to be a mineral trail left by our hard water as it runs down the boat and drips off or dries.
    I would still continue contacting the manf and maybe they might possibly make concessions with you on your boat. Alumacraft is a good boat, but it is disheartening to hear this on this boat.

I wouldn’t give up yet, since I think a good welder could easily repair boat. Unfortunately, I think you’re way off on pricing on what your hull will bring. I think if you’re lucky you might get 3k and that would have to be the perfect buyer. I think realistically you have a 2k Hull in that condition. That is why I wouldn’t throw in the towel yet and consider all my options

I hope it works out for you and you shouldn’t be dealing with this situation especially what these boats cost these days. Take care my friend.

2. Member
    The 7k was for the boat, motor, trailer. Pretty much everything I had put on the boat except the trolling motor and front graph. My dad reminded me that I did hit something hard a few trips back (the big scrape next to the cracks) so I submitted it to insurance and they totaled the boat. I completely forgot about the impact until I was talking to him and he reminded me I hit something hard in that area 2-3 months ago. I probably should have updated this that I did hit something hard.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...02501620806413
    Last edited by Every; 08-08-2020 at 04:47 PM.

3. Member
    The 7k was for boat, motor, trailer. Pretty much everything I had put on the boat except the trolling motor and front graph.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...02501620806413

i think in the 6k to 7k is real fair price. That could be a good deal for the right buyer, since some handy man could patch that up and have a good rig without breaking the bank. Good luck and let us know what you buy. Are you going to stick with aluminum?

4. Member
    I am leaning toward a Tracker 190 TX with a 115 Pro XS. The warranty is amazing and I live 3 minutes from Bass Pro. With Alumacraft I learned I want a dealer that is within a few hundred miles...

5. Member
    So the boat was totaled by insurance, you got paid, and how your trying to sell it for 7k??

6. Member
    Pretty much, they gave me the option of buying it back and I did, I took what I wanted off it and sold it for 5.5k

7. #FRB
    I am leaning toward a Tracker 190 TX with a 115 Pro XS. The warranty is amazing and I live 3 minutes from Bass Pro. With Alumacraft I learned I want a dealer that is within a few hundred miles...
    The 175 and 190 hull seems to be a great hull. You'll love the way it rides. Not hearing of anyone having problems with split welds on those boats either (the 195 is a completely different animal but I'm sure they fixed the growing pains on that hull).
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12