Thread: Sunday prep

Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar

Sunday prep

Well futures open up in a little while, getting my week planned. What’s everyone leaning in for the week? I took some swings in banks for earnings run up last week. We will see how JPM performs on Tuesday. Also have BAC and GS. Also took a long call in DXCM two weeks ago, and while the spreads are wide, looks to be a good small position to make a little change.

Still super long BA calls, and although everything imo points to up over the long term, that sole position has me second guessing. Sitting on oct 260’s.

still holding GE, very heavy for oct as well, hopefully it can make a comeback by then.

also dabbling in some pennies, the latest one is NXEN. Looks to be building a platform in the teens now, I had a decent entry at .089. Patent news, yet to be PR’d and looks to be opportunity for major growth over the mid term.

anyway, that’s the plays so far. Not sure what new entry’s to look at.

oh oh, forgot to add, wayfair puts?!?!
    Last edited by haftafish22; 07-12-2020 at 10:26 AM.

2. Member
    Those bank earnings will be interesting. I think the loan loss provisions may be a more important number than the earnings they report.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think the future for banks are bleak. So many options are available when it comes to money, from apps to complete online platforms. I recently came across some things that Etrade had to offer, not sure I even need a "bank" anymore.

But anyways.............this weekend I have been doing a little reading on SPACs. I already own a little bit of SHLL for the Hyliion acquisition, and I hope to buy more below $20. Bill Ackman has a SPAC coming out this week I think that will get alot of attention.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...ves-spacs.aspx
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Banks will be interesting to see. I'm also curious how BLNK and some of the electric vehicle stocks perform this week.

As far as pennies go, I'm keeping an eye on KNOS and BYOC. Should have bought BYOC back when I first saw it. It'd be sitting at about double now. KNOS is just so iffy. It had a 50% day the other day for no reason at all, but, I've not seen a lot of pumping on it really, but also I don't really pay attention to that so that may be part of it.

5. Member
    I'm afraid I'm going to regret selling on Friday with futures looking up, but we'll see how it looks tomorrow I guess.

6. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    What a roller coaster today... hedge with some spy puts two weeks out. Pending tomorrow’s direction I’ll make some adjustments.

wow o wow NXEN blew the ef up though!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    What a roller coaster today... hedge with some spy puts two weeks out. Pending tomorrow’s direction I’ll make some adjustments.

wow o wow NXEN blew the ef up though!
    Dang, congrats on NXEN. KNOS did alright for me yesterday. I hope it continues up today, but we'll see

8. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Dang, congrats on NXEN. KNOS did alright for me yesterday. I hope it continues up today, but we'll see
    So I had some sells on NXEN starting at .45 and staggered up to take profits and let the rest ride. Lmao, run to .445 and quit and dumped. 8k out confirming new patent. Maybe I can gtfo tomorrow... avg .067 so not dying on it lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    So I had some sells on NXEN starting at .45 and staggered up to take profits and let the rest ride. Lmao, run to .445 and quit and dumped. 8k out confirming new patent. Maybe I can gtfo tomorrow... avg .067 so not dying on it lol
    Eh dang it. KNOS had a consolidation day. I hope it goes up tomorrow, we'll see.