Thread: Viper One

Viper One

Anyone have it installed in their boat? I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    Whats the cost they want for it. I've had one the last 5 mos. Had to have caymas plant add the water pressure sensor on motor to read on viper screen. Didnt read when i first got it. Touch screen and computers will be the future. I still havent received the steering wheel with controls yet. Ordered boat on October 22, 2019. Received boat on February 17,2020. Caymas has never contacted me about the viper steering wheel to this day. One of the cameras in live well has been burry from water intrusion since day one. Caymas plant wont respond to fix it. Dealers dont know how. Trim isnt accurate, gas gauge never reads right. They charged me $2895 for the viper package. I do like the touch screen. Its same as my lowrance sonars.
    I dont think you need all same controls though on side console, steering wheel, viper touch screen. Im still waiting for the viper steering wheel.

3. Member
    Bill, I don’t have the exact price from my dealer but after speaking with someone at the Caymas factory I’m not gonna install it. I was told the steering wheels are made in Italy and they have not received them.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    Thats what I was also told. That was a really bad area for pandemic, when it started. Caymas told me they had to have one made to accommodate both trim levels. Said right now, hydraulic trim was on side dash. The new Triton boat being unveiled has touch screen and steering. Nitro also is using the touch screen.

5. Member
    It’s definitely an interesting piece of equipment but I think I’ll let them work the bugs out first before I try it out.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    It’s definitely an interesting piece of equipment but I think I’ll let them work the bugs out first before I try it out.
    Probably a good idea. They will all start moving that direction and cost will come down then as well

7. Banned
    I have it and like it, is it a necessity..... no. It came on this boat and I don’t mind it at all. I don’t like that there is not JP trim lever at the steering wheel.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Thats what I was also told. That was a really bad area for pandemic, when it started. Caymas told me they had to have one made to accommodate both trim levels. Said right now, hydraulic trim was on side dash. The new Triton boat being unveiled has touch screen and steering. Nitro also is using the touch screen.

Where did you see the triton and nitro that had this? Or are pictures not out quite yet?
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

9. Member
    Roland martins nitro has it. Give me your text nu, ill send ya photos of the Triton with it.

10. Member
    Pm sent
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

11. Member
    Seems caymas might sell viper package with touch screen, wheel only. No power buttons on steering wheel.