Exterior Painting Question

I have been doing a lot of Ceramic Tile work lately (off and on for 33yrs) It's nice to give my knees a break so I am now finishing up a full house paint job. I have to bid another job today after church. I want to make sure the bid is fair to the homeowner and myself. Brick home 1 story.... they are selling and one gable end has a little bit of dead Ivy on it and the soffit. Since it has 4 gables (which I can brush 2 coats if need be in 1 day).... I am trying to figure out a linear ft charge. This is in Ft Smith Arkansas and the soffits look to be 1 ft deep. Does $2.50 a lin ft sound ok? Very little if any scraping. I drove by it last night... guessing 180+ ft of soffit... $450.00 Gable ends siding @ .60 sq ft = $216 plus doors.... and materials ? Will have better figures later today. Bidding tile I have no problem...but I haven't painted in quite a few years and the last job I included the soffits in the house price @ X a sq ft... so I lost some money on labor. Attached is the house I just finished. They went from tan to this blue with white trim.

Thanks for the help!

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

I did a small job for someone a few months ago because painters really didn’t want to mess with such a small job. 25’ L 10’ H with a 9’X7 ‘ garage door ( that I didn’t have to paint). 1 exterior fiberglass door. 3 hours, $150 worth of gas money

3. Member
    For existing homes I used to cross reference x amount per side and compare to how many days labor to complete. If you need 300 a day labor how many sides can you do etc.. Square footage was for new construction where your labor was up against the going rate.

4. Member
    That helps thanks y'all.

Dave

5. Member
    The ivy wont come off very easy. Its a lot of work and I would tell them for the ivy, that would be done on T&M. Then its up to them of what they want to spend.

6. Member
    That Ivy is a pain in the tail... that's for sure. Even 80 grit on a Random Orbital barley touches it.

I bid it pretty decent and was told that I got the job today!