Banned

Cones in Rodman marking trees. Gone, I put them out during drawdown

I collected a few cones and put them out when they started to raise the water back up in Rodman. Well, I gave them to my buddy Pete Janotti because he has a duck boat and tools to do it. They were placed on the tip of the trees and a few other cuts marking for safety so when running the south flats you don't tear your stuff up. Example, run down the barge canal from Kenwood, cut across the barge canal into the south flats, line yourself up with the cone a mile down into the flats and go. When you got to the cone you could hand a left and shoot down to the damn without ever getting off plane. If you mess up and clip the tip of the trees then , well your getting a new lower unit. I had two big cones and 4 or 5 smaller ones we placed in there that I spent out of my own pocket, bolts and all from Home Depot

Well my buddy Karl fished a tx in there ( he won with 17 pnds ) and he said man I wish the cones where still there and I said what? I just put 6 or so out there a few months ago with lag bolts. If anyone knows who took them down then please tell them they are a complete jackass. I cant see all the cones disappearing in a matter of two months. I haven't been out there to confirm what Karl said but he knows the place well and I take his word. Its bullshit you cant do something to help without it getting screwed with.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 07-12-2020 at 06:34 AM.

2. Member
    Well that’s crap! Back to running blind I guess. Appreciate the effort tho!

3. Member
    I was out there this am, only my second time, didn't see a cone anywhere.

4. Member
    I’ve run around everywhere we used to prior to the drawdown and it seems ok so far...

Matt that really sucks, sorry that it happened. You cant do anything to help folks without some Jackwagons screwing it up. I was out there this morning (Eric Ehill79) that was me you were talking to (The Ranger with the Yammie).

Spanky

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    Matt that really sucks, sorry that it happened. You cant do anything to help folks without some Jackwagons screwing it up. I was out there this morning (Eric Ehill79) that was me you were talking to (The Ranger with the Yammie).

Spanky
    Nice to meet you. We left shortly after you guys.

I drove down from New York to go fishing and saw these cones Floating in the water. Thought i'd be a nice neighbor and remove them so someone would not get the tangled in their prop.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    I collected a few cones and put them out when they started to raise the water back up in Rodman. Well, I gave them to my buddy Pete Janotti because he has a duck boat and tools to do it. They were placed on the tip of the trees and a few other cuts marking for safety so when running the south flats you don't tear your stuff up. Example, run down the barge canal from Kenwood, cut across the barge canal into the south flats, line yourself up with the cone a mile down into the flats and go. When you got to the cone you could hand a left and shoot down to the damn without ever getting off plane. If you mess up and clip the tip of the trees then , well your getting a new lower unit. I had two big cones and 4 or 5 smaller ones we placed in there that I spent out of my own pocket, bolts and all from Home Depot

Well my buddy Karl fished a tx in there ( he won with 17 pnds ) and he said man I wish the cones where still there and I said what? I just put 6 or so out there a few months ago with lag bolts. If anyone knows who took them down then please tell them they are a complete jackass. I cant see all the cones disappearing in a matter of two months. I haven't been out there to confirm what Karl said but he knows the place well and I take his word. Its bullshit you cant do something to help without it getting screwed with.

That sucks Matt! I'm not sure how they could have disappeared.

I did't see any cones, but stayed away from that area.

Missed you Saturday! You going to be at the next event?
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Banned
    Doubt it Bill. I have to have foot surgery to have a sist removed from the bottom of my foot. Its the size of a quarter right in the arch of my foot. The technical term is called 'mortens neuroma'. Painful!