1993 392 Ranger installing 36 V Ultrex

I’m replacing my 109 pound motor guide with the new 36 volt Ultrex on my 1993 392 Ranger and I need help with wiring the plug my boat has three wires going to the motor guide plug and the 36 V Ultrex only has two wires coming from it can anybody tell me how to wire this in?

Find which 2 wires gives you 36 volts and use those two. Just make sure you use the right one for the hot and the ground. HINT: if your meter shows a - voltage, your leads are BACKWARDS.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Thanks I’ll try that

The older boats used 4 wires to go from the battery compartment top the bow. They did this cuz some TM were 12/24V so both sets of wires had 12v. There was a jumper in the Ranger style plug that would make the connection for the 24. Anyway. Just connect your wires in the battery compartment in series so you get 36V and connect one of the wires to the negative on the first battery and the other wire to the positive side of the last battery. Now take a multimeter to the bow top find what two terminals have the 36V. If using arranger style plug remove there jumper inside and attach the TM wires to the appropriate terminals. You just won't use the third wire and you'll remove the jumper inside the ranger plug.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO