Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When they cancel a day due to weather people applaud them for being safe but when they do this because of safety they call them wimps.

2. Member
    Nice going MLF/BPT. Pretty interesting seeing them guys trailer and move to a new location.

3. Member
    Some guys just think they're such bad asses that they can beat Mother Nature. Probably the same dummies fishing while it's lighting!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Ask Nik Kaylors widow and children what they think about it.

5. Member
    with thousands of lakes in america why fish a notorious rough and dangerous lake , play it safe for all involved and fish smaller water,
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

6. robdy72
    Sounds fair to me everyone has the option to do it.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Suppose if B.A.S.S. had that policy it would be just fine.

I can find a lot of fault with MLF/BPT but this isn’t one of them. Safety first and no sense beating the hell out of your equipment if you don’t need to. I think the haters are reaching a little for this one.

9. Member
    I guess it's a gamble either way. Run your boat in rough water or get stuck in a traffic jam.

10. Member
    Why not and better than having to cancel. Same for all Anglers and northern lakes are no joke. For those that question it have never really experienced it...

11. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    It makes good sense to be able to trailer to another area, if they want to do so. Its their choice. As was said earlier in this thread, bass boats are just not made to run in big water like the Great Lakes. Sure some days you can run up there, many days you can't in a bass boat. I've been in my 28' Chris Craft, I used to have, out on lower Lake Michigan, I know what the Great Lakes can be like when its windy. It not pretty.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

12. Member
    It is an equal Choice for ALL the Anglers, so there is No Advantage or Disadvantage in it. While your running back to the Ramp, then Load, Then Drive, Then Re-Launch, then Run again you have used a lot of your Fishing Time. So I see it as a Gamble that may or may not pay off.

Speaking of the Big Lakes, before I left Pa I was in a small Bass Club that was part of B.A.S.S. We held an event every year on Lake Erie. They also Usually Hosted an Open Event on Lake Erie. One year before I joined them, they held one out of PIB and several of the boats ran all the way to near Buffalo because of the Big Smailles that were stack up there at that time.

During the Event a Big Storm Blew Up and one of the guys told me the waves got so bad that when you were on Top all you could see was sky and when you were down in the waves there was water all around you. He made it back. He was lucky. 13 Others didn't and their boats sit on the bottom of Lake Erie.

So I'd say the Trailer Rule is a Good One.

13. Member
    I have heard champions have no problems with the Great Lakes. Maybe they need boat upgrades
    lol

14. Member
    Makes sense to me to be able to trailer to and from your fishing areas, you have a boat official as well as yourself to keep safe. There were tournaments here on Sam Rayburn and Toledo bend where I wish I could have put the boat on a trailer and traveled to a fishable part of the lake. We do have tournaments here now that do permit trailering, which makes perfect sense to me.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

So, are they all required to start from the same place? What I'm getting at is, say a guy is going to fish an area an hour away by boat in good weather and the tournament starts at 7am. Is he allowed to drive there and launch then start fishing at 7am or does he have to leave the main ramp at 7am and then drive to the ramp of his choosing?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

16. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    Some guys just think they're such bad asses that they can beat Mother Nature. Probably the same dummies fishing while it's lighting!
    Yup, one thing EVERY smart fisherman won't mess with is lightning. I know a guy who watched his best friend in a different boat get killed by lightning in a tournament years ago when a storm snuck in over the mountains.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Seems like a good idea in their format. It is still taking up fishing time, just safer for everyone involved.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    So, are they all required to start from the same place? What I'm getting at is, say a guy is going to fish an area an hour away by boat in good weather and the tournament starts at 7am. Is he allowed to drive there and launch then start fishing at 7am or does he have to leave the main ramp at 7am and then drive to the ramp of his choosing?

No. They start from whatever Ramp is within their Limits to fish from.

19. Member
    Would you risk dying for a 12 inch fish?

20. Member
    Why do they not just allow the fishermen to get to their fishing hole before the clock starts amd do not even make them make it to a weigh in? Why do they just not weigh the fish as they are caught?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast