Broken bills with circuit board?

Who’s done it? I have a few KVD 1.5’s that lost rights against rocks. I’m thinking of grinding the broken lips off and adding a new circuit board lip. Has anyone done this before? Please send me your tips. Thank you!

2. Member
    You need a dremel tool, 2 part epoxy, and a new lip. Use dremel to grind off old lip (careful of line tie). Use dremel cutting disc to cut circuit lip slot where old lip was. Use epoxy to glue it in. Eyeball test for straightness.

3. Member
    I had some balsa square bills with the same problem . I bought some circuit board lips as replacements to make repairs . I have a dremel tool but came up with a simpler way to to get the old lexan lip out of the slot while keeping the slot true . I put two hacksaw blades together on my hacksaw that were slightly thicker than the thickness of the new circuit board lips . I padded the crank bait body with a rag and put it in a small vice to hold it steady . Using careful soft strokes with the saw I was able to open the lip slot for the new lips . If you're repairing a hollow molded plastic bait you could hit an air pocket or even rattle or ballast weight by cutting too deep . I would suggest looking for a picture of the baits you are wanting to repair in a clear or transparent color so you can see if there is anything you need to be careful of when cutting the new lip slots .