blank help please

Hi guys,, please give me a few suggestions on a couple blanks to buy... Fresh water bass, casting... First will be for t-rid worms, senkos and small jigs Second would be for Spinner baits, floating prop baits and buzz baits... Line weights would be any where from 8-17 for the worm rod and 10-20 for the spinner bait rod ... bait weights 1/4-3/4 oz... I don't know enough about tip speed to suggest one way or another so maybe you could help on that... Id like to spend under $100... I know Im over thinking this whole thing... thank you all... Mychael

2. Member
    I will probably get told don't trust them. But North Fork is running a sale on the xray blanks for $75 for that price they are tough to beat.

3. Member
    I use MHX blanks that I buy through Mud Hole. To stay under $100 you'll have to use the standard graphite, the Elite-X and Elite-Pro series will easily go past $100. Check the Mag Taper blanks for worming, I like the MB-873, for a little more power try the MB-874. Their MB-843 is considered their most versatile blank; usable for worming, topwater, spinnerbaits, etc. I personally like the SB-812 for spinnerbaits but it may be a little light based on your post. Good luck!

4. Banned
    Yeah, MHX MB843 would serve you well. Very versatile rod.

5. Member
    100 total, or 100 each?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogsticker View Post
    100 total, or 100 each?
    That would be each... and thanks every body

7. Member
    another option to look at would be rainshadow immortals. Not sure what normal price is on them but if you keep a watch on getbiteoutdoor the run sales to where you can get some models around $60-$70 a blank.

8. Member
    For under $100 each if it were me I would go with these

Rod Geeks SG79MHM ($66) for the spinner bait rod (it's S-glass). To get this one where I would want it at 7' I'd take an inch or inch and a half off the tip and then like 5" off the butt.

Rod Geeks B470MHF ($112) or B470MF ($109) for the jig. I'd personally for with the MH.
    Last edited by willwork4fish; 07-14-2020 at 08:42 AM.

9. Member
    Good choices by willwork.. huge fan of the rodgeeks stuff. Even the B2 series are good quality with a lower price point

10. Member
    The listed weights for the rod geeks blanks seem heavy to me, I wonder if it's before or after they paint them.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    The listed weights for the rod geeks blanks seem heavy to me, I wonder if it's before or after they paint them.
    Not sure but I get unpainted 95% of the time. Many of their graphite C2 blanks are identical to Croix SCII and the C4 are identical to Croix SCIV, like a 7'M C2 is a 7'M SCII etc. I had a conversation with Bob Penicka a few years ago about it when they came out with the B lineup which have a little different layup.

12. Member
    My take on the painted verses non blanks is that paint will slightly slow the rod down. I'm sure the ratings are for the bare blank. In general, st.croix blanks are heavier in power for the same rating verses most rods. Just my experience

13. Member
    If you can get an xray blank on sale I'd definitely go that route.

14. Member
    For myself, I'd go all in on Phenix. Perhaps drop an additional 20 - 30 bucks...Grab an UMBX for those jigs, T-rigs, etc. Then I'd snag an M1 or Recon for the spinnerbaits. Yes, I'm a Phenix fanboy, but for good reason. If opposed, I feel the Rainshadow Immortal blanks are good for the money. Point Blank is where it's at, but that will set ya back another 100 or so. Let us know what you end up with.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    For under $100 each if it were me I would go with these

Rod Geeks SG79MHM ($66) for the spinner bait rod (it's S-glass). To get this one where I would want it at 7' I'd take an inch or inch and a half off the tip and then like 5" off the butt.

Rod Geeks B470MHF ($112) or B470MF ($109) for the jig. I'd personally for with the MH.
    Do you have any experience to compare the RodGeeks 70MHF in either the C4 or B4 to the Loomis MB843? As far as power and action.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    Do you have any experience to compare the RodGeeks 70MHF in either the C4 or B4 to the Loomis MB843? As far as power and action.
    I don't sorry, been a while since I've had a Loomis in my hand. Find a St. Croix 70MHF and it'll be pretty much identical to the Rod Geeks blank if you've got an 843 to compare it to. I'd bet the RG MH is going to have more power.

17. Member
    Rainshadow Immortals

18. Member
    The Rodgeeks 7mf and 7mh are on both side of the 843. For what you want I’d say get the mhf
    Nitro z21