Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Thanks as always, Wayne.

3. Member
    Dang double post!

4. Member
    Seems it’s not ready for all applicable devices yet.

Map is not ready either unless we use Wayne’s URL.

Since there are 41 models affected, it takes some time to load all of them individually. I just happened to check the site early in the process.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Anyone installed 2.28?

Did it solve any problems, or create more?

I see nothing of interest to me. I don't use Base Maps, 360, Raptor, or Cannon or radar.

I'd like a Helix 10 Mega SI G3N that would work properly.

Looks like they didn’t address the issue with the images not being as good with the last update. My G2N from Bass Pro has better images than my G3N unit.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

8. Member
    Wayne, any information on what was updated on the basemap side? Trying to decide if its worth the effort to install.

It adds the coverage that the new HD Coastal map card has, just not HD.
    Same thing as the original Humminbird Basemap in comparison to the Lakemaster map cards.

The description states that installing the software looses the original Humminbird basemap and it does. You have to install the new basemap to get the former coverage back along with Coastal coverage.
    Have not had my G3N's on the water since the update, so I don't know how the other parts of the software perform.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member

Software

Wayne you have always been a wealth of information i would appreciate it very much if you would consider joining my fb group ( Humminbirds Mega 360 friends) we are 475 strong group and we share pics of the new 360 mega and help each otheer try and make these units do what there supposed to do thanks mike callahan

11. Member
    Wayne, how could we back up the existing Basemap please? Can we go back? Thanks!

12. Member
    I just noticed the bin size of 2.180 is 71,641KB, while 2.280 is 150,956KB.

WOW, DOUBLED! I’m surprised.
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 07-13-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Wayne, how could we back up the existing Basemap please? Can we go back? Thanks!

You can't "back up" the basemap file. Why would you even want to? The same data is in the new basemap download.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    I think Once we have updated to the new Basemap (of course with the new firmware), we won’t be EASILY able to go back and use old firmwares (2.180 and older) any more, since the old firmwares are 100% incompatible with the new basemap. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You can't "back up" the basemap file. Why would you even want to? The same data is in the new basemap download.

On the new update it says insert card and THEN turn power on. On all the other updates I have the unit powered up and then install the card. Anyone completed the update with installing the card first before powering up the unit? I’m also confused over the downloading of the updates. I downloaded the 2.280 and installed it on both Helix 10 units. When formatted card and started to download the 1.031 base map it says it’s loading both updates and takes a while to do this. Hope this doesn’t lock up my units when I install the card with both updates on it.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    On the new update it says insert card and THEN turn power on. On all the other updates I have the unit powered up and then install the card. Anyone completed the update with installing the card first before powering up the unit? I’m also confused over the downloading of the updates. I downloaded the 2.280 and installed it on both Helix 10 units. When formatted card and started to download the 1.031 base map it says it’s loading both updates and takes a while to do this. Hope this doesn’t lock up my units when I install the card with both updates on it.
    I fully start the unit up in Normal or Simulator and then put the memory card in with the software.

I have not gotten the Helix 9,10,12 map file to download. It gets to 3.5 GB and quits. File too large. Starts off with an estimate of 4-6 hours to download depending on when I try.
    Updated and installed the smaller map file for a Helix 7 with no issues.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks Wayne, so far I have the 2.280 installed on the Units. The other large file is still loading. Just making sure I’m not screwing up the update and lock my units.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    Thanks Wayne, so far I have the 2.280 installed on the Units. The other large file is still loading. Just making sure I’m not screwing up the update and lock my units.
    The units will work OK without the new maps. You just loose the original Humminbird Basemap. Still have ContourXD which is Navionics.
    I'll be using a G3N H12 SI and G3N H10 DI tomorrow to see what affect the software has on them, already know the pinging on Standby was fixed. Got to figure where to go to get a faster internet connection so I can download that 5GB+ map file.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Can you download the 2.280 and skip the base map stuff. I have Lakemaster chips in both my units and don't fish coastal water, what is the base map going to do for me? All I want is for the freaking unit, Helix 10 G2 Megachirp to stop locking up when you get in 8 feet of water. It was doing pretty good till I uploaded the 2.180.

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Can you download the 2.280 and skip the base map stuff. I have Lakemaster chips in both my units and don't fish coastal water, what is the base map going to do for me? All I want is for the freaking unit, Helix 10 G2 Megachirp to stop locking up when you get in 8 feet of water. It was doing pretty good till I uploaded the 2.180.
    Don't have a G2N to see the results. I'll be doing the G3N though with no Basemap.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast