Re-order the favorites panel on home screen HDS Live...

I’ve got several pages that I’ve created and saved to my favorites panel (the far right column on the home screen of HDS Live). Is there a way to reorder these? I’d like to move some of my newer ones up the lost to appear on top but can’t see how to do that without deleting everything and recreating the list in the order that I want. That is ridiculous so I’m hoping there’s a better way. Thanks.

2. Member
    SETTING DATA BASE should make that work.

3. Member
    Do you mean go to the Settings menu and then Database?

i see nothing called Database anywhere under Settings. Or anywhere in any of the other menus.

4. Member

5. Member
    Well there appears to be a way to do it, but it's a little technical and not sure how the system would respond after making changes and saving "Settings.set" then uploading on SD card and importing back to your unit. I'm going to try it with my bow unit tomorrow and see how it goes. Anyway, export your Settings.set file to SD card and then insert SD card into your PC. Make a copy of Settings.set and move to safe location in case the following corrupts your saved file. Right click Settings.set then Open With Notepad (I would uncheck "Set As Default" inside the window). Scroll down until you see [Pages]. In this section you're now looking for lowrance\group\2\Page\1. Now every instance under group 2, the Page 1(2,3,4,etc.) is the position on your sidebar. If you wanted to make second preset be the first one at the top, you would change Page\2 to read "Page\1" and then your previously named "Page\1" would need to be renamed to whatever position you want it to be in (Page\2, Page\3, etc.) but be sure you don't leave two entries listed with same Page number. So if you change every instance of Page\2 to Page\1, the old Page\1 will need to either be Page\2 now, or whatever position you want it in. In my example below, you can see my first custom screen is Chart and Sonar. Second screen is Chart and Downscan. If I change Page\2 to "Page\1" for every instance listed (some are omitted in this example to shorten the post, so you'll see many more lines depending on how many overlays you have on each) and then change all the original Page\1 entries to "Page\2", my first preset would now be Chart and Downscan, second preset would be Chart and Sonar. I haven't actually tried it on my unit yet, but will try today to see if it works. *If you miss an entry or have duplicates with same numbers I'm sure your unit would not work and possibly freeze upon loading. If this is out of your realm of comfort I would highly recommend you not do it. You assume all responsibility for whatever happens, as I'm just an Internet stranger posting my adventures. You freeze your unit or lose your settings, good luck with that Factory Reset. But I'm adventurous and enjoy learning the programming side of things, plus I don't want to recreate all my overlays when I delete presets to order them the way I want.

lowrance\Group\2\Page\1\overlayItems\4\Size=1
    lowrance\Group\2\Page\1\overlayItems\size=4
    lowrance\Group\2\Page\1\panels\1\panelType=Chart.0
    lowrance\Group\2\Page\1\panels\2\panelType=Sonar.0

lowrance\Group\2\Page\1\panels\size=2
    lowrance\Group\2\Page\2\Proportions=431, 632
    lowrance\Group\2\Page\2\layoutStyle=0

lowrance\Group\2\Page\2\panels\1\panelType=Chart.0
    lowrance\Group\2\Page\2\panels\2\panelType=DownSca n.0

lowrance\Group\2\Page\2\panels\size=2
    lowrance\Group\2\Page\3\Proportions=397, 883, 362, 358

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Missile Pilot, the complexity of your solution certainly shows Lowrance needs to implement an extra feature for when you press Edit under these favorites: you should be able to press and hold and drag the favorites to rearrange them.
    ----
    Ranger z21
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Lowrance HDS Live 12 and HDS Touch 9
    Ultrex 112 lb

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdc2010 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Missile Pilot, the complexity of your solution certainly shows Lowrance needs to implement an extra feature for when you press Edit under these favorites: you should be able to press and hold and drag the favorites to rearrange them.
    I agree, always thoguht that was an obvious, but missing feature.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D