Thread: 2015 250 pro xs

2015 250 pro xs

2015 250 pro xs
    sn 2b111922

Yesterday evening while fishing I was running from one spot to another and as I was coming off of plane the motor dies like i pulled the killed switch. First thing I checked was the kill switch it was still attached. Tried to restart and the motor will fire and run for about 2 seconds and then quit. I ended up getting towed in and have looked at all my fuel lines and plugs/wires and it all is still connected well. Just prior to this the motor was running perfect 122 deg engine temp and 18 psi water pressure. I am lost at this point. Thinking possibly the compressor. Is there anything that I should be looking for? I am going to call my mechanic on Monday. Thanks.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Inspect belt and compressor pulley for any signs of damage, mis-alignment, etc.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks Don. I checked the pulleys and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of damage but it does appear as though there are rubber shavings in the pulleys after I took the belt off and also there looked to be some burnt rubber pieces on the hood that covers that area.

Mine did that when my compressor went bad

5. Member
    Thanks. That is what I am learning toward myself. I know I don’t have Don here in La but I do have David Wade who is also a great mercury wrench he will see my boat next week.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely sounds like a compressor, tensioner or alternator problem.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor