Thread: loose carpet

loose carpet

I just bought a 520. The front carpet over the front pad is loose. Is there away to fix this without taking up the carpet.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’ve heard of guys using a large syringe to inject carpet glue underneath. If it’s not a large area that’s loose, I would be tempted to try that technique. For larger areas, especially if I could work the carpet loose from the side, I think I’d try to pull it up and get more even coverage. A lot also depends upon the age of the boat and condition of the carpet.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Use a large syringe to shoot contact cement under the carpet,then lay a/some cement blocks on it to hold it flat until the cement cures.

4. Member
    what type of glue is thin to use in a syringe.

5. Member
    weldwood contact cement with a turkey injector with a small needle then put a clean piece of plywood on top of the carpet and weight it down let it stand overnight in the garage if not then in the sun

6. Member
    A veterinarian should have several sizes of large syringes that will work,I have several we’ve accumulated from the vets for our dogs. Weld wood contact cement will do what you want.