Replacing flowrite valves

I have a 2000 21ft SS Stratos extreme. I have for Livewell valves, the top set of valves is for auto, empty, and recirc. The bottom set of valves is for recirc and pump out.

I think I'm going to just replace all of them, but I'm not sure which ones to order.

I appreciate your help.

https://store.flow-rite.com/products...list_mode=list

Just read the "details" . Gives a description for each valve's intended operation.

3. Member
    I just changed the two drain valves on my Stratos. I bought some 3/4 inch heater hose (maybe not the right stuff but) and sure enough, the hoses were stiff as a brick. I heated the hose from the livewell, but the hose to the hull would not bend enough to get the old valves out. I ended cutting the hardened old hose in half to get the valves out, and replaced the section from the hull to the valves with new hose. So far it has worked.
    A heat gun or a torch (not recommended) is your friend when working with old boat hose.

Bought the drain valves from Amazon.com, I am a prime member, free shipping, bought the cost down.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    https://store.flow-rite.com/products...list_mode=list

Just read the "details" . Gives a description for each valve's intended operation.
    I'll check it out, thank you

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I just changed the two drain valves on my Stratos. I bought some 3/4 inch heater hose (maybe not the right stuff but) and sure enough, the hoses were stiff as a brick. I heated the hose from the livewell, but the hose to the hull would not bend enough to get the old valves out. I ended cutting the hardened old hose in half to get the valves out, and replaced the section from the hull to the valves with new hose. So far it has worked.
    A heat gun or a torch (not recommended) is your friend when working with old boat hose.

Bought the drain valves from Amazon.com, I am a prime member, free shipping, bought the cost down.
    I'm hoping not to change the hoses, but I will if I need to

6. Member
    as far as valves, they are color coded at Flo-rite. Look at the rocker arm on the valves you currently have on the boat. Just order the same color arms.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    I'm hoping not to change the hoses, but I will if I need to
    I bought before I started, saved me a stop-trip-to-the-store-start again.

8. Member
    I"ve redone the plumbing on many boats and always find that I have to replace some sections of hose. That stuff is just too hard as it gets old, and trying to remove it by wiggling off will break livewell fittings, etc.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tx_basser View Post
    I"ve redone the plumbing on many boats and always find that I have to replace some sections of hose. That stuff is just too hard as it gets old, and trying to remove it by wiggling off will break livewell fittings, etc.
    I think that will be my next step

10. Member
    Do yourself a big favor and label the old valves so you know where you removed them from. That it will make it much easier to troubleshoot the new valves if something doesn't work. The valves have little rubber flappers in them and sometimes they get installed in the wrong position. There is also the possibility of too many or too few flappers in the valve. Easy fix if you have the old valve to look at. New hoses are a great idea.