Ghost TM w/ Garmin LiveScope

Guys:

Anyone running Ghost TM w/ Panoptix LiveScope. I have neither but looking at putting a combo together. Heard some say MK Ultrex worked better for them w/ LiveScope.

Thanks,

Bill

2. Banned
    I’m not sure how any trolling motor would work properly with livescope, I think it would need to be mounted on a separate pole for proper use. I’ve been thinking about putting a mega360 on my ghost, just not sure I want mixed graphs on my boat.

3. Member
    I have garmin livescope and ghost TM. I have the LS transducer mounted on my TM. It works as expected

4. Member
    James or anyone - if you have pictures of your Livescope mounting on the ghost and cable routing I'm sure me and others would like to see them. Waiting to see what Lowrance does but will pull the trigger this fall or early next year on LiveScope.

5. Member
    I'll snap some some pics when next out, hopefully tonight. I used the new garmin perspective mount on the shaft and the precision sonar wire guides. Before the precision sonar wire guides ($100) I used silicone tape on the cable.

There is lag on the arrow when it is in anchor mode(the direction indicator does not move with the motor in anchor mode), but otherwise is fine. Only time it gets to be a bit unmanageable (high workload) is in wind and current, coming off anchor to look for fish or structure. The wind/current is moving the boat while you're turning the motor/transducer having a look and trying to figure out the direction and whether you need to move and where you need to move to. In that case you have to keep track of which direction the transducer is pointing, while watching the monitor, while everything is in motion. It can be a bit of effort, especially in wind cause of the addition of wave action(its these high workload situations where automation has the potential to change how we fish). I tend to use the remote to turn the motor in these situations, cause the foot pedal is so soft it is hard to fine tune with the weight transfer of your foot when bouncing up and down due to waves. The remote control could use some work too. Would be nice if the rate of rotation spooled up with the duration of the press of the arrows. I don't think anyone at lowrance really tried fishing with the automated navigation and remote, cause it doesn' t really work.

I had the transducer mounted on a pole, but eventually gave that up. Just a PITA to have another thing to stow, deploy and mess with when trailering. I move around on the big motor a lot.