Lowrance Ghost TM w/ Panoptix

Guys:

Anyone running Ghost TM w/ Panoptix LiveScope. I have neither but looking at putting a combo together. Heard some say MK Ultrex worked better for them w/ LiveScope.

Thanks,

Bill

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    To answer the question, no, i have not seen any.....

But why would the Ultrex work better??? They are both trollers and the shaft rotates......In fact, ghost might have the slight edge cause only the bottom half of shaft rotates, where MK the the whole thing does...... I dont see why it wouldnt work...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    The Ultrex does work better because the head turns with the shaft, lets you know what direction livescope is pointed, I bought a Ghost from a crappie pro and that plus some other things is why he sold Ghost and went back to Ultrex . Also cables don't get pulled when both turn together. Nothing wrong with Ghost, its a great TM but not for livescope. That was his thought. He didn't want the pole mount option on his boat with all the stuff he has up front already

4. Member
    I've used livescope on both the Ultrex and the Ghost. I like the Ghost better because only the bottom of the shaft rotates. I find cable management to be much better with the Ghost because of that. The indicator on the top of the TM head tells me what direction the livescope is pointing. You may have to adjust the transducer a few times to get it exactly where you want it but that would be the same for either TM. I have no issues with operating the Ghost in conjunction with the livescope. I always found with the Ultrex if I had to adjust the TM height, i was limited due to the livescope cable; because of how I had it taped to the shaft. But with the Ghost I'm using a cable management system so the cable has some give when switching between regular view and perspective or adjusting the height.