Dock Fishing At Night

While we are the subject of fishing at night I have a couple of questions. (1) What are you guys best best lures fishing docks at night? (2) What dock depth do you guys like to fish? I primarily use dark finesse worms and white crankbaits with success but looking to expand my options.

Thanks!

2. Member
    black strike king 7/16 oz. any depth, if fishing deep water docks, yo-yo spinnerbait the length of the dock, let it fall at the end. oh ya hang on, hope this helps

An 8" Producto Tournament worm in black/grape or chameleon. Or a Zoom lizard.

Honestly, I tend to stay away from the actual dock itself and prefer to find the ones with a definite water depth change a few yards or so off the end. That's where the larger fish will hang out. Especially if there is some form of light there.

4. Member
    8" producto work black grape or chameleon? ?? Are you kidding me?? I got about 200 of those!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    8" producto work black grape or chameleon? ?? Are you kidding me?? I got about 200 of those!!!
    200 ??? I buy them in 100 packs from the factory. And I'm embarrassed to say how many I have. Best kept secret in the world.

If'n I was on a boat, I'd be staying away from docks. In theory, bass should be out in open water chasing a late dinner. Good time to run a buzzbait, spinnerbait or bladed jig past them. We have to be a little cautious with floating docks and the possibility of anchor ropes, ropes from dock to dock, plus topped out milfoil by August. Fun on a full moon if the night is clear!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

7. Member
    My absolute favorite way to catch them on the one dock lake ckose to me at night is a frog. It is a blast. Alot of times you dont even hear the blow up you just feel weight cause they come up and just suck it down.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9