Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I wish Ranger would let me have the molds for the 361V series. I think you could sell a ton of those. Most fishable boat I have ever used.

2. Member
    There aren't many new ones either.

Had a long talk with a boat company VP a couple of years ago and he said the demand for sub 20' boats had dwindled.

Bought a good one 24 years ago, its been rode hard, but pampered when it gets home, has every feature you could want or need. Been paid for 20 years. Was in the water 2 times this week and 48 days this year, and I have no desire to replace it, it runs and fishes beautiful. No need to keep up with the new boats. 19' Pantera II, not to small for big water, not to big for tight places. Its been all over the East coast, Great lakes, and small ponds, perfect for me.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
    I wish Ranger would let me have the molds for the 361V series. I think you could sell a ton of those. Most fishable boat I have ever used.
    Yep, best bass rig ever made.

6. Member
    I am very pleased with my 18 TRX and do not see myself buying a larger boat at my age.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    mine is sitting the garage..
    Yep

8. Member
    There are days here 18 ft boat just doesnt cut it.

I’ll keep my 89 Champion 184. Works good, loves me long time. No need to upsize with the lakes in central OK. I’m usually in a 15’ Grumman tin.

10. Member
    I guess if you have the coin, a 20-21ft is awesome but to me an 18ft is just right. It’s amazing how just a little more room can make such a difference. I fished yesterday in my 18 ft bass rig for the first time this summer since I finally had time to change out my trim motor and steering. Up to this point, I had been fishing out of my 16ft tin rig. Man, what a difference. Even with my Pops on the back deck it felt like I was alone.

11. Member
    I feel your pain I am in the market and will most likely end up with something in the 18-19 class. They are selling and we are buying the dream. You. See the same boat as your favorite pro, tell me how much you want to pay per month and I can extend the loan term to make it work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
    My brother's FIL has been on a quest for this particular rig. He finally found a 95 that is in pristine condition. It has a 175 that is blown and in the shop now. It is cherry other than popped motor.

13. Member
    there is not as many being built from the console back most bass boats are the same as far as cost to build them so 2 more ft of deck is not that much more expense in the grand scheme of things an the demand for 20 to 21 ft bass boats is a lot more.

14. Member
    Guy I work with just bought a '97 tr18 with Johnson 150 fast strike, clean boat, could use some updates but overall a really nice boat. He paid 6k.
    I can really notice how much smaller "feel" it has compared to my '06 tr20x, but for the money he spent compared to the money I spent, I'm a little jealous...
    Cheese County Bass Club

15. Scraps
    As far as Ranger goes, some of the 18ft models were some of the best and most popular. So guys tend to keep them. I had a 461 for 18yrs and miss that boat!
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellq View Post
    1- most weekend anglers(users of this size of boat) keep them longer.
    This.
    Plus some of us do not have the garage space for a bigger boat. Another reason may be that guys that live in the North don't have ready access to really big water like the guys down South.
    There are some giant lakes up north that would give the southern lakes a run for their money. Lake of the Woods, Vermillion, Leech etc.

My Sabre FTD is 13 years old, and very well kept. All the boat I need for where I fish, and has infinite advantages over larger boats in skinny water, shallow water, and tight cover. No intentions of selling it any time soon, and when I do I'll buy a 19' Pantera II most likely. The 18'-19' boats I see on the lake are usually older, and the owners have no intentions of selling.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

18. Member
    I'll have a 19 ft '97 462 Ranger for sale soon, like early Sept. Has 2003 175 HP Johnson with 174 hrs currently, with 30-40 hrs next week at Ticonderoga and a few practicing for a BFL later where I will fish as a coangler. Lots of extras and upgrades and will be priced to sell.

My 200ZX is 19'5", and it's all I need - I think it is just the right size as I fish by myself a lot. I bought it new, and it has served me well. I've upgraded the TM to an Ultrex, electronics, and added 10' Talons, and it does all that I want it to do. My SIL just bought a new Vexus VX21 and we have been fishing out of it quite a bit lately, and it's really nice, but do I want a big ass payment? I don't think so!

My old fishing buddy that owns part of a marine dealership told me when I asked why they didn’t have any 18.5 foot boats he told me if they have one it will be there quite a while before they sell it. The last new one they had actually sat there almost 2 years before someone bought it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast