Thread: New ramp ?

New ramp ?

Awhile back i read of a new proposed ramp close to the mouth of aquia. , whats the status of that?

2. mikesxpress
    Widewater state park. Not even started yet. It will take 20 minutes to get to it from HWY1 (already timed it). If you think the travel down to Hope Springs ramp is narrow and twists thru residential areas, wait till you try this one with the RV's going to/from the park campground. The ramp will exit directly into the center of the wrecks at Arkendale and face into the dominant SSE summer winds. I already wrote this one off. To dangerous on multiple fronts.

3. Member
    Mike,
    I looked at google map/streets and you are not kidding. It is narrow and windy. If you can survive the drive in the only advantage I see is close the the mouth of the Potomac. I like fishing Aquia Creek but when it is busy with traffic it beats a boat...

4. Member
    Can you put a boat in at Aquia now

5. mikesxpress
    Yes

6. Member
    Do we really need more ramps?

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Do we really need more ramps?
    Look at the "Leesylvania Madness" posts. Seems like another ramp would not be a bad thing?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Widewater state park. Not even started yet. It will take 20 minutes to get to it from HWY1 (already timed it). If you think the travel down to Hope Springs ramp is narrow and twists thru residential areas, wait till you try this one with the RV's going to/from the park campground. The ramp will exit directly into the center of the wrecks at Arkendale and face into the dominant SSE summer winds. I already wrote this one off. To dangerous on multiple fronts.
    thanks,