Getting tired of Talon Bluetooth issues

I have had 3 different sets of talons. The first were the old top motor 8 footers on my 2014 Skeeter. They worked 100% fine. I then went to the pre Bluetooth 10 footers on that boat, again they worked 100% fine. In 2018 I got a BassCat PII and decided to go with new 8 foot Talons since I'm a shallow water fisherman. The Talons themselves work fine, but I must say these new Bluetooth remotes SUCK A**. I don't know if it's the remotes, the receiver or the programming. Sometimes I loose pairing and nothing happens when I deploy them, sometimes only 1 Talon operates, sometimes 1 press the down button and have to literally wait 10 seconds for them to deploy and lastly sometimes I have to turn to face them and take a couple steps towards them from the front deck for them to read the remotes and work. I also found the remote batteries die quickly. Ugh... sad thing is the Talon phone app works better. I can use my phone and they work 100% of the time.

Has anyone else had all these issues? I'm seriously considering selling the Talons if I can't get this straightened out and getting two 8-foot blades.
    Brad Krone

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Happy to help when your ready for some poles..

3. Member
    My take on this is You have a bad set of remotes. The key to me is the fact that you phone works with no issue. You didn't sate if you had tried to swap out the remotes. I would try that.
    I know it seems odd to have both remotes not work correctly, the possibility exist.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    My take on this is You have a bad set of remotes. The key to me is the fact that you phone works with no issue. You didn't sate if you had tried to swap out the remotes. I would try that.
    I know it seems odd to have both remotes not work correctly, the possibility exist.
    Good call... It's worth a shot
    Brad Krone

My power pole blades do this when the batteries get week. New batteries
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089