20 hour oil change

Don had motor up on transom saver for a day or more. I did read what was said about the 5 quart thing it drained and kept draining about to pans full.Brought motor down with a level on cavitation plate. Drained oil. Seems like it drained the full 7 quarts. Added (7 quarts) to dip stick level were you said level should be. 225 HP proxs four stroke 2b776205. Ran motor on water ears for short period let filter fill. Checked oil level about 15 times with son-in-law hope it is ok.
    Last edited by biglakespecks; 07-09-2020 at 09:48 PM. Reason: clarification

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Did you follow the steps of running the engine up to operating temp, shutting down, raising the trim up to at least 20 degrees for 2 minutes, returning to LEVEL for at least 1 minute, and then checking the oil after you have wiped off the dipstick? NO other method is appropriate.

I have yet to find 1 (one) engine that required more than 6 qts at the correct dipstick level.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor