Aftermarket Pedestal Seat

I’m looking to get an aftermarket seat for my 2018 RT178. My mother likes to go with me on occasion and on our last outing I finally got her to try the rear pedestal seat instead of fishing from the bench seats. She’s in her 70s so her knees and back aren’t in the greatest shape. The pedestal was easier on her knees but she complained about it hurting her back after a while and the overall size being small and cramped.

I tried it out and it’s way stiffer and less reclined than mine which has seen a lot of use. I’ve done some searching and I see all kinds of seats that are much larger and appear to have more recline.

What is involved in installing aftermarket seats to the existing post? Are they truly universal or will I need to take the base off the seat to make sure the bolt holes line up? I’m also putting one of these on for her if that makes a difference. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/3074457345619886769

2. Member
    Have you swapped the seats to see if she liked the feel/angle of yours?

3. Member
    Look at a new folding seat with arm (swing away). You can put a 3/4 pin base plate on it and use a 3/4" pole, with a drop in adaptor in the floor base. Make her comfortable, but more importantly safe.

4. Member
    Get her a millennium seat and she will love you for it, best seat out there for the back. It fits standard seat bases and the back is adjustable.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Have you swapped the seats to see if she liked the feel/angle of yours?

I thought about that but didn’t. By that time she had moved back to the passenger seat and didn’t want to push her knees anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by quikcarl61 View Post
    Get her a millennium seat and she will love you for it, best seat out there for the back. It fits standard seat bases and the back is adjustable.
    I will check them out. Thank ya for the tip.