Thread: Crane lake

Crane lake

Father and son trip. Next Sunday Monday Tuesday. Looking to catch some smallmouth.any help at all appreciated greatly thanks to all.

2. Member
    Let me know how you do. We are going aug 22 for a week.

3. Member
    Can anyone throw us a bone ? Deep or shallow.. slow or fast ? Anything !

4. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Islands, points and humps. Spawn is over. Topwater and medium crankbaits are my favorites lures this time of year. Make sure your map chip shows the boarder so you don’t get into Canadian water. Namakan is probably the best for bass.

Have you been to crane before?

5. Member
    Thanks very much . Have never been to Crane rest of guys going are staying a week. All family guys trip only few of us fish we are for three days. Long haul for three days fishing but have to work too so we want to make the most of it. Thanks again Joe

6. Member
    We have fished that area. We found it tough. Area looks good. But just did not produce like namakan or kab. We did catch some fish down the little vermillion River, especially in spots that had water run off into it. I would shoot up to namakan and fish islands. Look for boulders, not the slick rock. I like to throw a crayfish crankbait, a bandit. My wife likes to throw senkos and Ned rig. We were up there a few weeks ago and we caught a lot of small bass. Rock piles are good. If u are not catching much. Check out mukooda lake. You can fish it walking around the bank or do some research and find a place to rent a boat there. Easy fishing.

7. Member
    thanks Fisherman will check them out