Cleaning/oiling dc reels

Are their any specific or different procedures to cleaning and oiling my dc reels? I assume not and just keep oil away from the dc system... but at these price tags better ask

2. Member
    Aside from the DC module, they're the same as every other reel. The DC system itself is just held on to the sideplate by a couple screws. There's a bearing behind it, but it's not really necessary to mess with it if it's casting properly.

3. Member
    Just experiencing some light grind on the retrieve on one of my curados! Hopefully some oil and grease will fix her up

4. Banned
    Bad Bearings make noise on cast typically may be the gear set id get ahold of dan at reelex

5. Member
    Well I took it apart and the main gears and worm were pretty much dry, hopefully the cleaning and grease will do it

Mine was grinding also. Done a complete disassembly and cleaning, and it seems better out in the yard at least. I tried to bend out the plastic thumb bar side guide just a little for a tighter tolerance and to keep line from getting caught around it. It's been a major PITA. Shimano service didn't fix it either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    Just experiencing some light grind on the retrieve on one of my curados! Hopefully some oil and grease will fix her up

7. Member
    ^^ I've heard of this issue with the curado.... however I own 3 of the curado dc variants and have never experienced it myself. Outside of this one grinding a little they have been basically flawless. I usually enjoy my curados more than my metanium

8. Member
    Use Shimano ACT2, or Cal's drag grease on the gears.