Youghiogheny Dam 7-9-2020

The Yough is down somewhere around 10 feet, I didn't check for the correct number. That places the water level at the top of the turnout on the ramp. I was lazy and arrived around 10 today. I think there were maybe 10 other vechicles with trailers in the lot. Not a lot of traffice today, it was evenly split between fishing boats and pontoon boats.

I forgot to get the water temp but by noon the air temp was around 85. I went through a lot of water.

I mostly was fishing for crappie today and every bush or tree held fish. I had a lot of fun. In addition I caught a lot of small small mouth that I will post later.

Sorry if you were looking for a bass report I just had to hit the crappie today.

It is really nice fishing on a weekday, this is new to me and I like it.
    Last edited by Fx20 2011; 07-09-2020 at 04:51 PM.

2. Member
    20200709_114905.jpgA lot of fun on light tackle.

3. Member
    It beats being at work thats for sure. Which is were i had to be today.

4. Member
    I also live and fish western PA, a recent addition to this board, what do you guys do for setup for limited HP lakes?
    i currently have a Grumman Sportboat with 7.5 old Merc but getting to old to sit long and looking to upgrade,
    Would love to have a nice bass boat but still want to fish Pymatuning and Moraine.
    Seems most bass boats not really made for kicker motor
    Trying to decide best options

5. Member
    You can really do anything you want, even with a bass boat. There are no rules and yes I gave seen one with a kicker. I have three boats which at this time two are operational.

My Skeeter and 250 YAMAHA.
    A beat up tin Alumnacraft set up for electric lakes but can be converted to a 15 HP YAMAHA . (MY home lake, Que Does not permit motors or gas tanks on the boat.
    My third is a 1985 15 foot Sylvan with a 50 and 15 Mariner. Current out of action. Slowly working on new floor and transom.

So really the question is what body of water are you going to spend most of your time on.

6. Member
    A good tin with a 20 hp would serve you will if you fishing with in an hour of Export. Works on anything from Keystone Lake to the little state electric lakes to even the Allegheny. Plus your not far from the Loyalhanna. You don't need a 250 on that lake. Lol I always feel out of place on that lake when under power with the Skeeter.

7. Member
    Thanks
    I’m thinking of a good used Ranger Aluminum RT 188 that I can hopefully put a kicker motor on.
    I believe that I can get a good used one for $20k ish which works for me
    I would also like to get some walleye on Erie on good weather days.
    I am trying to avoid the multiple boats and still fish everywhere.
    Any experience with Erie?