Sho 250 top speed loss

I have a 2013 sho 250 on a 20’ skeeter and over the last couple of months it hasn’t been performing like normal. It’s been flashed to a 300 and will usually run 6100rpm and at least 75mph. Lately all that it will turn is 5700rpm and 67mph or so. It will also die when running down the lake at times but not always. After it comes to a stop you can start it and take back off without priming the fuel bubble. I have checked/ replaced all fuel filters and installed a new fuel bubble. I am starting to question the low pressure pump but would like to be more confident before changing it out. I have checked the fuel rail pressure without running and it will jump up to 42psi quick. I can’t find anywhere what that pressure should be. Hoping some of you guys may be able to help narrow down what it could be.

2. Member
    Was it flashed before last summer, if not the less dense summer air may be your problem. Even a 4 stoke will loose RPM in the less dense summer air.

3. Member
    Yes I’ve owned it 2 years and it was flashed the entire time. You are right I normally lose 100rpm in the summer. It’s very similar to that or having a cover on the motor cowling restricting air. This can be as bad as 400rpm some nights.

I had the same problem it was the lithium battery. Replaced battery and have not had any more problems.

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

5. Member
    The cranking battery was causing the problem?

6. Member
    Good to hear it was an EASY fix!

7. Member
    No we tried the battery tonight and it don’t fix the issue. We tried to force feed the motor with fuel with the prime bubble but we couldn’t keep enough fuel going to keep it firm. Still at a loss

8. Member
    The sho motor is very sensitive to electrical current flow . 90% of the time if your losing* power To the motor like the kill switch was pulled it’s a lose connection at the battery or at the motor . They have to be clean and very tight . I have been through this . It was the connection at the motor was not tight enough . Motor would shut down every time I got over 4500 rpms .