Very dumb question regarding power switch

Hi all,

First boat ever. I'm curious what the purpose of the power switch is on my dash. Am I to turn this on before I start the motor and electronics every time? I started the motor once without the power switch being on and I am able to turn the electronics on without the switch on as well.

Also, what are the grey buttons below each switch? Circuit breakers?

Thanks all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Not sure about the power switch but the grey buttons are for things like your horn, 12v port etc as the labels say obviously. The rest that are unused are for added options that your boat doesn’t have and/or for the owner to use for whatever they wish.

I would ask this on the Triton Board they will know about this
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

4. Member
    I have a Stratos , I can turn ignition without power on dash power. And my bow electronic connect to dash panel power which need to be turned on. And my console fish finder I run directly to cranking battery which doesn't need to be on to use. My dash power controls all my accessories, including bow buttons , bow fish finder, LiveWell , bilge ( also auto bilge lucky I don't park on lake) and Navi light , compartment light etc. Purpose of the on/off will be peace of mind, so u don't leave any electric running after parking ur boat, which will kills ur battery.