Boat trade in question

I have a boat and that I am trading in for a newer one . Is worth keep the latest accessories on the boat at trade in or should I put the old stuff back on , is there gonna be a big difference in trade in value ? Is that t gonna be worth my time to actually put old stuff back on or just have it with the boat a trade in ?

2. Member
    new toys make them worth more used boats are bringing good money now dont know how long it will last .

Talk with the dealer and be upfront. I was able to swap 36v ipilot link out for 24 volt copilot, and needed 2 color graphs, so I pulled 2 and slapped on a smaller one, pulled 2 batteries and a 210 charger. All at no cost to me.

but new gizmos will help them sell it faster not really for more money, so gotta play it loose and calmly to see what they need vs your trade in value quote. / how bad they are pulling you over the coals on the new haha
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. #FRB
    Depends on the boat. And some people wouldn't know the difference between an entry level graph and a higher end graph. I'd also consider selling your current boat privately because even though boats are selling right now for top dollar the dealer still needs to make enough on your trade to make it worth their time.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Depends on the boat. And some people wouldn't know the difference between an entry level graph and a higher end graph. I'd also consider selling your current boat privately because even though boats are selling right now for top dollar the dealer still needs to make enough on your trade to make it worth their time.
    That was the plan to sell the boat , put it found a boat I really like don’t know if I have the time to sell the boat might be gone before sold . I took me forever to find a boat liked . By the way the boat I found a hard to find P 2 BassCat

I just traded in my 2015 Triton 189 TRX for a 2020 Nitro Z19 Pro. After talking to the dealer I was able to keep my Solix 12 at console and my Helix 9 at bow and they just took both Helix 8's from new boat and installed on trade in boat. I was able to keep my mercmonitor from old boat also. None of this affected the trade in. I did leave my power poles on the old boat mainly because I never used them. lol. He said even those would not have affected trade-in that much. I couldn't be happier with my trade in. I was able to get more on trade-in that I was offered during private sales.

7. Moderator
    Talk to the dealer. They will always do what they can to make you happy.

8. Member
    When i traded my dealer said to take off all my electronics. Trade price would've be almost the same with or without!

9. Banned
    It's all about the boat and the engine... Your electronics are probably outdated unless you just had them installed 20 minutes ago... Dan