Long time Ranger owner considering Phoenix- Help please!

Guys: Long time Ranger owner seriously considering Phoenix. Heard so many good things about them. Narrowed it down to either the 921 or 920 Elite or the 921 PHX or 920 PHX. Any feedback, comparison information and comments is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Member
    It's really personal preference on those boats. Basically same layout, the elites have a higher deck or smaller gunwale(whichever way you want to look at it). The PHX was supposed to be the big water boat and the raised gunwale is more like a ranger. Me personally, the elite boats are where it's at.

3. Member
    I'm on my 2nd Phoenix (921 ProXP, first was a 721 ProXP), but I've previously owned a Stratos 201, Cobra 201, Skeeter ZX200, Ranger R70 and Ranger 520. Of the non-Phoenix boats I've owned, the Ranger 520 was the best built and best fishing platform, IMHO, the others weren't even that close (although the Cobra was closer than the others). That being said, my prior 721 and current 921 are better built and much better rides than the 520. The 921 is an excellent fishing platform and the 721 was a good fishing platform as well (though not as good as the 520). I have a hard time believing you wouldn't be exceptionally happy that you chose to move forward with a Phoenix.

If I was getting a new one, I'd go 921 Elite unless the extra couple mph you get from a 920 is that important to you. The 921s extra length and width make for an awesome fishing platform and the ride is awesome.

4. Smallmouth Junkie!
    If you mostly fish skinny water go with the elite if you’re a big water off shore fisherman go with the PHX. Also go as big as your funds will allow you will never wish you had less boat. Just my 2 cents.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

5. Member
    I've been running Rangers for 15 years,as a team member; 14 boats. Because of the turmoil at White River(Ranger, Triton, Nitro), I've just moved over to Phoenix and have a 921 Elite ordered. Really excited about the change. Phoenix is on the brink of ruling the tournament bass boat market. Hope BPS doesn't fell. They pour alot of sponsorship dollars into the tournament trails. But they're presently gutting their companies to cut costs; quality be damned. The Cabelas deal was very aggressive and they're hemorrhaging money. Oh well.....I'm Proud to be with Pheonix!

6. Member
    For those than have ran a phx and an xp or elite, is the phx more stable while on the trolling motor than the xp/elite?

7. Member
    Just bought a 920 Elite. All I can say is I will be staying with phoenix. I came from a Skeeter and have fished out of ranger for several years. The attention to detail and quality components they use are top notch. One word of advice.... To me if you fish big water and go with a 920 get a 52" trolling motor and not a 45".

8. Member
    Ran a 521 Ranger for 5 ears. In my 4th year out of a Phoenix 921PHX. I feel the fit and finish on the phoenix is better than the Ranger, also ride,especially in rough water, hole shot, and top end, handling are far superior over the Ranger. If I was buying a new boat tomorrow I wouldn't look beyond Phoenix.