Transducers for HDS12 and HDS9 Gen3

which transducers work with these units, Is there a combo 2d and DI/SI transducer that will work with these units?

Thanks,

2. Member
    The Lowrance Totalscan transducer will work with these units and provides 2D, DS and SS. I have never run a Totalscan, so I can't vouch for its performance. I recommend you investigate running 2 transducers, such as a LSS2 to SS3D for DS/SS and a "shoot thru" such as PDT-WBL for 2D. There are plenty of posted images on these transducers on this forum. Also note that on the Totalscan, you will likely not get a 2D image while running on plane due to the mounting location to get a good DS/SS image. You will get a good 2D image from the shoot thru mounted inside the hull while running. One more thing, the SS3D requires you to mount a "box" while the LSS2 plugs directly into your G3 unit.

Bought a new to me boat with a 9" Gen 3, switched it out with my Carbon 9, but the Gen 3 does not give me the option of selecting the totalscan transducer on the old boat. Will the most recent update 18.2-6 give me the option to select the totalscan transducer? Previous owner never did any software updates.

I had a boat with the Total Scan and i had to switch between the in hull ducer or the total scan. Hoping the new ducers are also not that way.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    TotalScan was released after Gen 3, so if the Gen 3 is on really old software it will require an update.

6. Member
    Sorry for the highjack, but the topic is spot on for me. What skimmer transom mount will work with my HDS 9 Gen 3?

Thanks, Eric

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckcobra View Post
    Sorry for the highjack, but the topic is spot on for me. What skimmer transom mount will work with my HDS 9 Gen 3?

Thanks, Eric
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Typically Lowrance HST-WSBL or Airmar TM150M for shallow water