Night Fishing Light Question

I'm looking at the Bluewater LED night fishing lights. I fish a very clear body of water. I don't know whether to purchase the High Impact Lights or the LOW Impact. Any thoughts here? Thanks in advance.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

The night fishing light I have has blacklight and conventional fluorescent tubes and gives me the option of one or the other. The blacklight does make any of the fluorescent lines (that blue stuff from Stren, for example) look like rope. But the distance it shows up isn't great, and the brand of line I used at the time wasn't available in fluorescent, so I just used the regular fluorescent bulb. The line didn't show up as well, but I felt it gave better distance, but the lure (white spinnerbait!) showed up fine, and the topped-out milfoil showed up better. I didn't have enough good reels to load a couple up with Stren, and didn't want to change line that much, so this was my solution. I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but FWIW. I fished Dale Hollow and Table Rock in 2012. I was frankly surprised that folks down there think those are "very clear", having watched my #11 pork frog tails wiggling on the bottom in 22' of water at Riffe Lake. Not quite like Silver Springs in Florida, but pretty damned clear!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    I'm looking at the Bluewater LED night fishing lights. I fish a very clear body of water. I don't know whether to purchase the High Impact Lights or the LOW Impact. Any thoughts here? Thanks in advance.
    I'd love to have that question answered by someone who has one or the other.

I've always fished with the Stan Sloan lights and they have been wonderful. Not too bright ... just right. And they would make line glow as far as I could comfortably cast.

I have seen some LED strips (don't know what brand, etc) that look like they are lighting up a parking lot. I don't want that.

4. Member
    I have 2 moonlite full moons & I ain't fishing in the dark. I think you can get a dimmer switch for the high output strip lights can't you?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Jig View Post
    I'd love to have that question answered by someone who has one or the other.

I've always fished with the Stan Sloan lights and they have been wonderful. Not too bright ... just right. And they would make line glow as far as I could comfortably cast.

I have seen some LED strips (don't know what brand, etc) that look like they are lighting up a parking lot. I don't want that.
    The only problem with the sloans was bettery consumption if running electronics, two aerators, two graphs & two blacklights. The new ones like the moonlites & led strip lights are so much easier on the battery drainage that theres no comparison in my opinion. However i have saw a few times the moonlites with the green light on bright spooked shallow fish if paralleling the bank. Put it on dim & no problems whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    Nobody has answered the original question yet .....................................

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Jig View Post
    Nobody has answered the original question yet .....................................
    I thought the same thing.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

8. Member
    I have the blue water led UV high output and they are fine. They light the bank a little on dark nights.
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

Quote Originally Posted by hog power View Post
    I have the blue water led UV high output and they are fine. They light the bank a little on dark nights.
    Thanks for the info!

Is anyone using the LOW output? That's the one I am mainly interested in. (I think)

10. Member
    I would like to see an opinion about the Low Impact, too.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro