08 60HP bigfoot EFI

Friend has this motor, it has a bad coil. We tried 2 new aftermarket coils and they wont fire. Not to sure but I told him he may need a Merc OEM coil, as we can move coils around and the other 3 will fire whichever cylinder they are moved to , problem is we can not find any around here. Just looking to see if anyone knew where to get a new one or even a used one.

2. Member
    Hello Guntucky,
    looks like they are sill available as OEM..Don from European Marine can probably assist you... he is board sponsor.

robinr

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robinr011 View Post
    Hello Guntucky,
    looks like they are sill available as OEM..Don from European Marine can probably assist you... he is board sponsor.

robinr
    Thank you, I will look him up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robinr011 View Post
    Hello Guntucky,

robinr
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yeah... don't wast your money on the aftermarket ones. Many of them produce a 50-60% weaker spark, right out of the box.

www.mercurypartsonline.net

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor