3D transducer installed wrong ??

Bought a new boat the dealer installed all the electronics my question is when ever I turn my main breaker on the transducer starts snapping while the graphs are turned off only way to shut the transducer off is when I kill the main breaker power. Is this how they are normally installed?? Wouldn’t it be bad for my transducer to be running constant when out of the water ??

2. Member
    They didn’t hook up the wake up wire. They just put it to always on when power.
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

3. Member
    How do I find the wake up wire??

4. Member
    It’s the yellow wire on your 3D power cord and there’s one on your graph too

5. Member
    Okay so the yellow wire on the transducer cable needs to be hooked to the yellow wire on the power cable correct ?

6. Member
    Yellow wire on head until power cord to the yellow wire on the 3D box power cord.

7. Member
    Okay thank you

8. Member
    Watch the YouTube videos.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos 210elite View Post
    Bought a new boat the dealer installed all the electronics my question is when ever I turn my main breaker on the transducer starts snapping while the graphs are turned off only way to shut the transducer off is when I kill the main breaker power. Is this how they are normally installed?? Wouldn’t it be bad for my transducer to be running constant when out of the water ??
    Another option is to stop the 3D transducer before turning your HDS off. Mine is wired the same as yours, on purpose, so that it is available at both bow and console without a specific HDS needing to be on. I guess you could connect all yellow wires. I always stop all transducers before turning HDS off or stowing TM to move between fishing spots.

10. Member
    You can also wire the yellow wire to an accessory switch, and then use the accessory switch to turn the box on and off.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D