Solix transducer ID

I run a Y cable and a separate 2d transducer with my Solix. I recently ordered a new 2d to try the new HW resolution.

Humminbird 710285-1 XNT 14 HW T SOLIX Dual Spectrum Chirp with Temperature Transom Mount

When I received my transducer it was not in a clamshell like I expected. It was in a box. Inside the box, the hardware was in nag but the transducer itself was loose and wrapped in shrink wrap.

Numbers on the cable near the plug:

Old 4904131b 0218 assume 2/18 mfr

New 4904191c 0320 assume 3/20 mfr?

Is the new one the right one? Just wanted to make darn sure before I install as it is physically identical to my current one.

Don't know what those numbers are, what is the model name on the other tag?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Don't forget to turn off Auto Configure and choose HB High CHIRP for the frequency.

Transducer ID is in the other transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    The only other number is a bar code.

There should be a tag on the cable with this----- XNT 14 HW T
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Can the solix Identify the transducer if I plug it in?

What you can do is connect the 2D transducer directly to the unit and its Auto Detect will make your unit a 2D-only model with HW CHIRP.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    It came in a Humminbird box with the proper number so I guess it should be correct. Can't find a part number on it anywhere.

I have my main battery cables out for battery relocate so I can't test just yet.

9. Member
    This is how the transducer was packaged. It was in a box with proper HB part number sticker on it. the only reason I questioned it was because it was loose, but I think I am fine. It's just a major pain to pull that big solix plug through my tubes. Would be nice if they would make a sub connector someplace near the transducer, but inside the boat at say 4' or something like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
    This is how the transducer was packaged. It was in a box with proper HB part number sticker on it. the only reason I questioned it was because it was loose, but I think I am fine. It's just a major pain to pull that big solix plug through my tubes. Would be nice if they would make a sub connector someplace near the transducer, but inside the boat at say 4' or something like that.
    The transducers come like that in the box with a new unit and the mount is in a separate package. I would guess how accessories are packaged currently is a result of the shut-downs due the the virus.

You could have gotten the XP 9 HW that has the 7-pin plug which is smaller and converted it to 14-pin with the AD 1429 adapter if cable routing is an issue.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Okay I looked really close and it did have the proper part number on the yellow tag but it was under the tag so you had to really look close to see it. I have it fed through turned off auto configure and set to HB high chirp. I just have a bucket of water in the back and the depth is reading erratic but I guess that should straighten once on the lake. Seemed to me it was fairly decent about it shooting through the air with the old one. It would appear as though it must be getting water temp from the SI transducer? Water temp is reading right at about room temperature not the temp of the water in my bucket. I always thought we were pulling temp off of the 2D unit. Not that it matters

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
    Okay I looked really close and it did have the proper part number on the yellow tag but it was under the tag so you had to really look close to see it. I have it fed through turned off auto configure and set to HB high chirp. I just have a bucket of water in the back and the depth is reading erratic but I guess that should straighten once on the lake. Seemed to me it was fairly decent about it shooting through the air with the old one. It would appear as though it must be getting water temp from the SI transducer? Water temp is reading right at about room temperature not the temp of the water in my bucket. I always thought we were pulling temp off of the 2D unit. Not that it matters
    There is no circuit for Temp on the Dual Beam side of the Y cable so it makes no difference what transducer you use for shoot-thru, you only get 2D sonar.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    OK thanks for the clarification. I stil need to get the td mounted in teh bracket and cable clamps on the cable. Then silicone the hole closed in the livewell overflow to seal it up. Anxious to see if I get better arches now.