Evinrude Outboards

Looking to see what everyone thinks about purchasing a new Evinrude outboard, now that they are out of the outboard market. Would it be a mistake to buy one now ? Do you think prices will drop in the fall to clear them out ? Just looking for some opinions. Tx.

2. Member
    Got lucky with an 8yr warranty and waiting for someone to pick up the line.

BRP is a big company...i don't see that much of an issue with it.

The problem is the dealers not brp. Dealers that carried more than one motor brand seam to be dismissing evenrude customers off. Especially If you didn't buy it from them. So anyone buying a used boat I'd wouldn't unless you can fix yourself or know a good dealer. Parts will be available though. On the other side I have only needed the dealer twice on a 1999 evenrude and it turned out to be a fuel hose.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ampdreamer1 View Post
    The problem is the dealers not brp. Dealers that carried more than one motor brand seam to be dismissing evenrude customers off. Especially If you didn't buy it from them. So anyone buying a used boat I'd wouldn't unless you can fix yourself or know a good dealer.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Member
    After the way they treated their customers, dealers and employees, they are like GM, both can kiss my ^#$@ !