I'd like to remind everyone that Berkeley vanish still sucks.

I tried vanish when it first came out and found it was terrible.In a pinch and for lack of a better option I picked up a small spool in 6 pound to use for leader in front of 10 pound power pro for trout fishing alpine lakes. That stuff won't hold a knot.. i tried every union knot I know.. fg, Albright, double uni, and blood knot.. kept casting off thr damn leader. Not a rod or guide issue.. ane I've had success with this setup with other lines. Vanish still makes lures vanish.

2. Member
    That was my experience when it first came out. For years I wouldn't use flurocarbon because on it.

3. Member
    You know why they call it vanish ? Cause it will make your fish vanish
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

4. Member
    Mine is pretty good. Bought 5 spools, set them in the shop, now cant find them. Vanished like the name...wait, nm, threw it away.

Had problems with it from the beginning never bought it again

6. Member
    Shitty of the company to not properly test it or if they did.... why did they release it??

7. Member
    Use it as leader material and have not had any issue with it.....6 8 and 10 pound all used.

8. Member
    Only line Berkeley makes that's worth owning is Sensation. All their flourocarbons are trash, in my opinion.

9. Member
    My buddy swears by the 20# and up vanish. Anything smaller than that he said is junk.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

10. Member
    I am frankly surprised there hasn't been a class action. Whatever they put in the recipe to make it fluorescent apparently severely degrades the line. I have tried
    it several times over the years and same results. Heavier lines seem to survive a bit better.....it tainted my whole feelings about their products if they could let this continue for as long as it has.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

17 and 20 lb has always perform very well for my jig/spinnerbait and Texas rig worm fishing ....dont use much of the light flor, Like to use suffix for those applications

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!