Need Help/advice on Bow Light

We don't have Wednesday Night tournaments or any of that cool stuff where I live, but I find myself doing more night fishing than the average guy. Mostly safe but also sketchy driving, so I want to be seen. I want to install that cool looking LED strip on the rubrail or whatever it is Bow light. LEGAL or not, doesn't matter to me as I'll have the stock legal light also. If I'm on a lake with no cops, who cares about legal you know, I want to be seen.

Who sells this, and can you provide a link. Are they hard to install ? I assume you have to hide the wires behind the rubrail, hope I can find more info on that part of the install when the time comes also. Anyone done this?

Thanks.

Dont use the strip lights use the super bright Taco lights for in rub rail mounting F38-6800D
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    I installed a new ulterra on my boat this year, and it was a lot wider than the motor guide I took off. It covered the hole for my bow light. So I had to install something new for a bow light. I went with 2 strips of 8(I think )LEDs per side. I installed them just under the rub rail. Had to drill a very small hole on each side (20 gauge wire) for the hookup wires, and 2 very small holes for the mounting screws on each side. The mounting wire is on the back side of the lights. They also came with a very sticky adhesive strip attached to the back side of the lights which covers the mounting screws, and wire Just put some life caulk in the holes when I mounted the lights. They are very bright, and people have said they like them. Whole process took less than 1/2 hour.
    The taco lights are nice ; but pricey. I bought mine from a seller named "thesiliconvalley" on e-bay. They cost me $18.00 including tax and shipping. I looked up the item on my e-bay; but for some reason the pic they show is not what I bought.
    Sorry to be so long on the post. Just wanted to give you all the info on what I did.

Hope this helps

Steve

I agree with lpugh as the Taco Marine lights have a 2 mile range and i was able to extract the light module from the rub rail bracket and install directly in my rubrail. I spliced the wires into my existing bowmount light wires and have been inspected by Coast Guard Auxillary 3 years in a row and was told they were legeal and got my sticker every year.

20200711_081034.jpg

20200711_081106.jpg