Thread: Bubonic plague

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bubonic plague

I really hope this is not the next one coming from China.

There was a guy isolated at the hospital my girlfriend works at. They suspected he might have it. He was a hoarder and it comes from rats.

3. Member
    Now it's a party!!!
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

4. Tired of muddy water Texas Rigs N Jigs's Avatar
    -----------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Stephen

2014 Bass Tracker 175TF w/ 75 Mercury

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Texas-Rigs-...11968965774371
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7...7y0GgICAVeTZww

5. Member
    https://apple.news/AYF6UG7yAS_KyWf-NUtQaPw

Covid supposedly came from bats, this case may have came from eating squirrels. The fact they eat rats and squirrels in a country that supposedly is the greatest economic power in the world should make people question a system like that.

Hey a lot of people around here eat squirrels.

Thankfully the Bubonic Plague can be treated nowadays. Seems like every couple of years you hear about a case of it popping up. I remember one from a couple years ago where a little girl got it from setting her coat down near a prairie dog colony and the fleas got on her coat and gave it to her.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    https://apple.news/AYF6UG7yAS_KyWf-NUtQaPw

Covid supposedly came from bats, this case may have came from eating squirrels. The fact they eat rats and squirrels in a country that supposedly is the greatest economic power in the world should make people question a system like that.
    What's wrong with eating squirrels?

That China virus was manufactured and distributed in Wuhan with the help of some sorry SOBs in the U.S. Rather than get kicked out for a week or get the thread closed, I'll let it go there.

9. Member
    Bubonic plague is endemic in many areas, including the US. One, it's treatable and it is spread by fleas of infected animals. Two, antibiotics makes it relatively curable and the vector by which it spreads is a lot less of a concern than other bugs.

10. Member
    You might get something while cleaning a squirrel to eat but after it is fried it would be safe regardless. I grew up eating them and I can’t even spell bubonic plague. Phone helps me out sometimes,sometimes not.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Thankfully the Bubonic Plague can be treated nowadays. Seems like every couple of years you hear about a case of it popping up. I remember one from a couple years ago where a little girl got it from setting her coat down near a prairie dog colony and the fleas got on her coat and gave it to her.
    Yup.. good old Antibiotics.. It's bacterial and typically comes from flea bites.

12. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Hey a lot of people around here eat squirrels.
    Not till after the first frost here.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big C View Post
    Bubonic plague is endemic in many areas, including the US. One, it's treatable and it is spread by fleas of infected animals. Two, antibiotics makes it relatively curable and the vector by which it spreads is a lot less of a concern than other bugs.
    Yep, used to get vaccinated before going hunting in Arizona.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    You beat me to it!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

16. Member
    The last time I was at Lake Tahoe they had signs up telling people to stay away from the chipmunks because they're carriers

17. Banned
    I used to could eat my weight in squirrels but that was years ago. The squirrels here in West Texas showed up about 20 years ago but they're itty-bitty and look like they got the mange. Don't think i'll be eating any of ours unless things get real bad.

Another quest for the BBCDC to conquer!

19. Member
    West coast and major city’s will get the bubonic plague heavily if it were to be as it’s spread by rats with fleas. Back in 70 while in Vietnam, was quarantined for 3 weeks giving shots to all the peasants that lived in the 5 villages of my AO as it spread like wildfire in a week. First things to die, were all the chickens and ducks, next the pigs, then cattle and water buffalos, then people. I was vaccined before stepping foot in Nam and then again while quarantined over the 3 weeks while it spread as they dropped all the shots to us by chopper. It’s wicked stuff if it developed. I would think all the homeless would be the first to go in the big cities if it happened.

20. Member
    It's 2020 why not, let's just get it over before 2021.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast