Thread: 93sv map update

93sv map update

Can I use the lake vu map update that I down loaded for my 93sv and load it to my 73sv?

2. Member
    If you purchased a new map, have both units registered with Garmin, you should be able to unlock the map for your other unit. I just did mine buying one of Garmin's Lake Maps. All had to be registered in Garmin Express or Homeport (don't remember which right now, medicine head).

3. Member
    I've registered both units with Garmin Express.... when I registered the 93sv it said that my internal map had updates available which I downloaded... when I registered the 73sv it said no updates available.... I don't have the units here at the house so I don't know what the 73sv map level is, or if it's the same as the update... units were purchased at the same time from Tracker Marine

4. Member
    If your wanting to transfer one builtin map to another machine I don't think that works. I bought a Lakes map download from Garmin then used Garmin Express to unlock for my units.

5. Member
    Which unit was newest, the 73sv might have already had the newer map.

6. Member
    I know it doesn't work for a lot of people, but active captain and the marine network made it super easy for me to get G3 ultra maps on both. Have the map card in the 93sv in the back and an activecaptain chip in the 73cv up front. Map can be frustratingly slow at times but I'm getting over it.
    2020 Triton TRX189 B B W
    Mercury ProXS 150 I B O
    Garmin EchoMAP Plus (2x) G A L
    Toyota 4Runner D F