2020 GMC Sierra 1500

I just put a deposit down on a new Sierra SLT. I pick it up Saturday. It will have the multipro Tailgate. Is anyone using the B&W Hitch designed for these tailgates? I see some with a flat front, and others with an angled front. They're expensive, but I had wanted to get one for my current truck anyway. Which one do I need?

2. Member
    I had the same questions when I bought mine for my 2020 Denali. The problem I had was the hitch designed for the multipro tailgate sat too low at it's highest setting to keep the tongue of my boat at the proper height. I went with the standard B&W hitch with the shortest drop/rise.

20200708_193822.jpg20200708_193846.jpg

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txsranger View Post
    I had the same questions when I bought mine for my 2020 Denali. The problem I had was the hitch designed for the multipro tailgate sat too low at it's highest setting to keep the tongue of my boat at the proper height. I went with the standard B&W hitch with the shortest drop/rise.

20200708_193822.jpg20200708_193846.jpg
    Which Multipro hitch did you buy first? I bought this one yesterday before I saw your post. MultiPro Tow & Stow - 2" Shank, Dual Ball, TS10063BMP 2.5" drop, 3.5" rise

4. Member
    I didn't buy one specific for the multipro after looking at it. I just bought the regular B&W with the same drop and rise you have. I'll have to take the hitch out to use the multipro feature which is fine with me. The normal hitch or non-multipro option allows me to set the ball all the way up so the shank is even with the top of the hitch. Looking at pics of the multipro specific hitch at the highest setting without flipping the hitch over it appeared too low. I figured if I have to flip the hitch upside down to get my height then I've defeated the purpose of buying the one specific for the multipro application. TS10033B is the model I purchased.

5. Member
    I didn't buy one specific for the multipro after looking at it. I just bought the regular B&W with the same drop and rise you have. I'll have to take the hitch out to use the multipro feature which is fine with me. The normal hitch or non-multipro option allows me to set the ball all the way up so the shank is even with the top of the hitch. Looking at pics of the multipro specific hitch at the highest setting without flipping the hitch over it appeared too low. I figured if I have to flip the hitch upside down to get my height then I've defeated the purpose of buying the one specific for the multipro application. TS10033B is the model I purchased.
    same truck here with same setup.. just went with a standard drop hitch that makes the trailer ride level and take it out whenever not using it (like we already should) kneesaver

really didnt like the foldaway hitch for the multipro gate. seems like it would be an issue off-road when not trailering anyway I dont know
    Last edited by RTex; 07-09-2020 at 06:25 PM.

6. Member
    Oh ok. well it will be here Saturday anyway so I will see how the multipro hitch actually looks. If it doesn't sit level its going back.

7. Member
    I have a 2020 SLT and love it. Not related to your question, but make sure your dealer ordered the tire pressure/temp sensors for the trailering app. You need to have the sensors installed for your trailer, but it is awesome.

I also love my multi pro gate and use it more than I expected. I just make sure I remove my hitch....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoytkimbershimano View Post
    I have a 2020 SLT and love it. Not related to your question, but make sure your dealer ordered the tire pressure/temp sensors for the trailering app. You need to have the sensors installed for your trailer, but it is awesome.

I also love my multi pro gate and use it more than I expected. I just make sure I remove my hitch....
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll ask them about it today.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoytkimbershimano View Post

dont know how many of these come equipped with it on the dealer lot, but the stereo in the multi pro gate is pretty dang cool too

2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTex View Post
    dont know how many of these come equipped with it on the dealer lot, but the stereo in the multi pro gate is pretty dang cool too
    I did get the stereo in the tailgate!

12. Member
    Feel like I’ve seen that picture with those cold temps before 1BADAIR. ��

FYI - towing home yesterday after approx 255 miles and a peak temp outside temp of 90 degrees my hottest tire was 135F. Wheels were pretty warm but not too warm to keep a hand on. Cooler than the pain on the truck!

You never go fishing in the snow?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

14. Member
    Yup the b&w is too short. What size drop are you using?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I did get the stereo in the tailgate!
    it's nice but sometimes it will creep me out if it starts playing my last podcast a half minute after I open the inner gate