Panoptics Position Indicator

Hello,I am new to Garmin Marine Electronics and this board which I see is a valuable resource and hope to contribute.
    I recently installed Garmin Panoptics along with a 106SV Ultra on my lund. The position indicator only works when in downview mode, is this correct.? The LVS32 transducer is mounted on a fishing specialties downrod.
    Please advise and thank you,
    Kipawa

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Did you calibrate it??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Did you calibrate it??
    I did calibrate it. Does it matter what mode it was done in?
    thank you

I believe you must calibrate/re-calibrate each time after changing views.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    To confirm Monte's post, yes it must be re-calibrated every time you go into another view.

Here is a post quote from Todd recently about this subject:

"Regarding LiveScope compass calibration, note that when you change from Forward to Down modes, the calibration for the other mode is not valid for the new mode. And it only holds calibration for one mode at a time. For example, if you calibrate the compass in Forward Mode, then run it in Down Mode, Down will be uncalibrated. If you switch back to Forward Mode (without calibrating it in Down Mode), then your original calibration in Forward is still valid. If you calibrate it in Down Mode, then you lose your Forward Mode calibration.

When you change to Perspective Mode, the AHRS is reset, and because of this your compass calibration is completely wiped out from all modes.

Compass calibration is only needed to have the view cone overlay, and the ability to save waypoints from the LiveScope screen."

Here is the post: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....pe+calibration
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Thank you all for your explanations and reply’s.
    Kipawa

7. Member
    Interesting. I did not know that. I got a question asked to me by a friend which I did not know how to respond. He asked if you are running in perspective mode, why would you want to switch it to forward mode. He could see if you are set up on a brush pile/tree/structure that is holding fish to run it in down mode. Any thoughts out there?

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    To confirm Monte's post, yes it must be re-calibrated every time you go into another view.

Here is a post quote from Todd recently about this subject:

"Regarding LiveScope compass calibration, note that when you change from Forward to Down modes, the calibration for the other mode is not valid for the new mode. And it only holds calibration for one mode at a time. For example, if you calibrate the compass in Forward Mode, then run it in Down Mode, Down will be uncalibrated. If you switch back to Forward Mode (without calibrating it in Down Mode), then your original calibration in Forward is still valid. If you calibrate it in Down Mode, then you lose your Forward Mode calibration.

When you change to Perspective Mode, the AHRS is reset, and because of this your compass calibration is completely wiped out from all modes.

Compass calibration is only needed to have the view cone overlay, and the ability to save waypoints from the LiveScope screen."

Here is the post: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....pe+calibration