Nitro Z21 8" Hyd Jackplate Performance

I am in the process of ordering a new 2021 Nitro z21 Pro and have limited space in my garage. Standard is 12" Jack plate and the 8" provides me enough clearance to have wiggle room in the front and back. How big of a performance difference will i see going from 12" to 8" HYD JP. I generally cruise around 40-45 and I don't mind losing a few MPH on the top end so long as the mid range and handling are the same at sub 70. Let me know your thoughts?

Garage 24-6"
    Boat 24-4" Swing with Motor Down.

Not interested in the Z20 which is the easy solution. Like the features and layout of the Z21 Pro.

Hard to say, if it results in lost lift could be a bigger performance hit. Might be handling issues. But I would not expect much of a loss, hopefully someone has tried this.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    It should be fine without poles. With poles, ehhh, dont know. There is a reason Nitro puts that plate on. I suspect its the poles. Longer setback = better leverage to carry the poles. Boat "should" run ok. Hole shot may be a little slower and top end slower, but it will carry the boat with or without poles. Just a matter of how much slower hole shot and top end change.

4. Member
    i had to to go to a bravo 1 xs and lithium batteries shoved up againt transom to get boat to lift and stop porposing i think you would have problems with boat not getting any lift with just 8 in plate and the fury it comes with provides no lift

5. Member
    Appreciate the input. So I can park the boat on a slight angle to free up the few exter inches needed and can keep the std 12" jackplate.

I didnt think about the lift and already heard some people having problems with it on the Z21.

sblnchrd what pitch are you running on the Bravo 1 XS? Thats the prop I planned on running with the boat.

Steering all the way to one side is worth a couple inches, obviously having the motor in the running position is shorter than on the transom saver. A slight kink is worth the 12" in my opinion
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    26 bravo 1 xs also have a 27.5 bravo 1 xs that will be my winter prop