2015 SHO 250 bogging down

I own a 2015 SHO 250 with Yamaha YES warranty until April of next year. Boat is a 2015 Ranger 520c. The motor starts and runs find top end but has an Extreme lag of power between 2800 and 3100 rpm's. Have take it to the dealer twice and they have ruled out fuel pressure and variable timing. It is not as noticeable when first run of the day but sometimes will not get on plane unless you back out of it and feather the throttle through this rpm range. Dangerous to have a bass boat that won't go. It is at the shop now and when they sent diagnostics to Yamaha they say that they can't find anything wrong. I KNOW something is wrong and dealer is starting to get pushback from yamaha on how much shop time they will pay to diagnose this problem. I am a huge Yamaha fan but this is apt to change if I can't get this repaired and warrantied. I haven't spoken to Yamaha personally but if anyone has a good contact person I am ready to see if they will stand behind their flagship products and warranty. Fuel is fresh non-ethanol, Thanks in advance for any help as I need it.

2. Member
    There are some old posts indicating similar symptoms like you are experiencing. In those posts, there was mention of a fuel filter in the high pressure fuel pump that would get debris in it causing a bogging issue upon acceleration, cleaning or replacing solved the issue.

Mine in fact has does the same thing from time to time. Mainly it would happen through out the the day after starting, stopping moving locations, etc...I would trim all the way down and fully accelerate and would feel like it lacked power until it planned and then everything was normal. It would take much longer to plan out. Since I flashed it, I have not had that issue.

The dealership tested the fuel pressure at the rail and it didn't vary on the computer, I actually changed it last time to no avail, I'm at a loss and ready to find the problem, I appreciate your time and input, any ideas are appreciated

I have not changed the fuel pump but the screen was clear and the pressure being correct I can't see any reason to do so unless anyone can let me know otherwise. Thanks again

5. Member
    Take video of the issue while your out that way you have proof.

6. Member
    sounds like a flat spot on the (TPS) throttle position sensor. I would do a voltage sweep test to rule it out. Easy and fast to check.