Douglas Lake white bass or any other kind of fish

Hello,
    I am on Douglas for the rest of the week with 5 kids under age 11. Is there a good way to get on some small white bass or something easy for them to catch? The bass fishing has been a little tough for us during the day so hoping to find something that bites. Dont really even care if its carp at this point. Any and all help is appreciated. Also if you feel like throwing out any daytime bass advice, I am all ears. Thanks....

Talking about daytime large/small mouth bass fishing: Not sure if you are on a boat or on the bank but either way - if you can find anything "green" in the water (buck bushes, trees, grass, laydowns that are still green, etc.) throw a weightless wacky rigged senko and work it slow.

They usually seem to be up in that stuff this time of year because of the heat and oxygen and it is fairly easy to catch them that way if they are there. Douglas lake can be tough, so don't let it discourage you or your kids! I know that feeling on that lake!

If all else fails, there are some good size bluegill in the lake as well as crappie. Tie on something small like a grub or small hair jig or even just a simple worm/minnow (live) and that should get something on the end of their lines.

Hope this can help you in some way!

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇
    Bass Pro Shops, Nitro Boats, Mercury, Kastking

Thank you very much for the help. We were able to get on a serious bluegill bite for all of the kids. The action was fast and furious. They all say thank you, too. We were also able to catch a few bass so that was a plus. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo6345 View Post
    Thank you very much for the help. We were able to get on a serious bluegill bite for all of the kids. The action was fast and furious. They all say thank you, too. We were also able to catch a few bass so that was a plus. Thanks again
    No problem at all, I was just hoping to help someone get a bite on the end of their line so I'm glad that could help!! Yall have a good one!

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇
    Bass Pro Shops, Nitro Boats, Mercury, Kastking